MercCruiser 190 Carb vs 220 MPI

kailec00

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Thread starter
Joined
Jun 7, 2010
Messages
180
What are the differnces in these two motors other than 190 vs 220? I have heard that the carb motor will give you a little extra power if needed to pull a heavy person up, but the 220 gets better gas mileage.

A lot of posts about the carb "dieseling", does the MPI not do that? Which is a better motor for a 19ft bowrider I/O that will be used to pull mostly kids on a tube and wakeboard? Most adults would be 200 pounds or under and know how to ski.
 

j_martin

Admiral
Joined
Sep 22, 2006
Messages
7,474
Re: MercCruiser 190 Carb vs 220 MPI

Is the 190 or the 220 an outboard?
:D:D:D This is the mercury outboard forum.
 

kailec00

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Thread starter
Joined
Jun 7, 2010
Messages
180
Re: MercCruiser 190 Carb vs 220 MPI

No they are not, both are I/O. Sorry I did not see that part about outboards. I will try and delete this thread and repost someplace else.
 

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Joined
Mar 25, 2001
Messages
45,907
Re: MercCruiser 190 Carb vs 220 MPI

No problem, kailec.

I will move it to the I/O Forum.
 
Top