merc.outbd.charging?

marvin pitts

Recruit
I have a 83 model 35 hp mercury outbd motor,and i am having trouble with the charging system it dont seem to be charging my battery.Any suggestions would be appreciated.I already replaced the rectifier.Thanks Marvin.

corm

Lieutenant Junior Grade
Re: merc.outbd.charging?

Hi Marvin,<br />I hope you have had your battery tested.<br />You could use a VOM to test the stator.<br />Remove the two yellow wires and use the ohm<br />meter to check for a connection between the two yellow wires(their should be).Test from<br />each yellow wire to ground (no connection).<br />Test the voltage accross the battery terminals and make note of it. Then test from the red wire on the rectifier and a ground on the motor. These readings should be the same. Let us know.<br />...have fun...corm

marvin pitts

Recruit
Re: merc.outbd.charging?

Originally posted by corm:<br />Hi Marvin,<br />I hope you have had your battery tested.<br />You could use a VOM to test the stator.<br />Remove the two yellow wires and use the ohm<br />meter to check for a connection between the two yellow wires(their should be).Test from<br />each yellow wire to ground (no connection).<br />Test the voltage accross the battery terminals and make note of it. Then test from the red wire on the rectifier and a ground on the motor. These readings should be the same. Let us know.<br />...have fun...corm