FORUM RULES UPDATED - The forum rules have been updated to continue to provide a friendly and safe environment for our member community. Please take a moment to review the updated rules and our terms of use and privacy policy. Click here for Forum Rules which has links to the 'terms of use' and 'privacy policy'.
In Other News . . .
You will notice a few enchancements to the forums to make your experience better. These include: Email Notifications, Thread Previews, Thread Starter Notation, and Emoji Options on the 'Like' icon. . .
Additionally, the merchant portions of the website have been updated and are now operational. . . . Check out iBoats for all your boating gear.
Hi, Can some one tell me whether the lower driveshaft brg is pressed in from the top or pulled up from the bottom? Is there a shoulder at one end or the other? JLM
Hello, It's a 1979 Merc, 80hp, 4 cyl, 2 stroke, ser# 5480528. I need to know if the lower driveshaft needle brg is pressed in against a shoulder or a straight thru bore. I'll make a driver to remove and install.
This is what I have from the 75-78 manual, I don't think there's a shoulder anywhere at the bottom or top of the housing. Removal is easy; installation is trickier.