Merc audio warning system not working and engine won't crank

ah64aviator

Seaman Apprentice
Re: Merc audio warning system not working and engine won't crank

It's a soldered together bunch of wires all wrapped up.
Use an OHM meter. One lead in the terminal of 28 and the other on the ground stud on the back of the engine.

Oh ok on the S104. I used the grounding block that is mounted above my battery on the left rear side of the boat and went from there to pin D of the relay, which is terminal 28 is it not? I hope I'm reading you right.

Black as

Chief Petty Officer

This may not be your problem but just a thought as Ive seen this once before and it was at the fuse panel, you have power going in, power at both sides of the fuse but a bad connection on the opposite side / power going out. found out later after pulling everything apart that all it needed was a clean up on the terminals at the fuse panel, even though all fuses checked out all o.k.

Just a suggestion :D

ah64aviator

Seaman Apprentice

This may not be your problem but just a thought as Ive seen this once before and it was at the fuse panel, you have power going in, power at both sides of the fuse but a bad connection on the opposite side / power going out. found out later after pulling everything apart that all it needed was a clean up on the terminals at the fuse panel, even though all fuses checked out all o.k.

Just a suggestion :D

I appreciate it Black. I'll take all the help I can get :) I've got power in and power out at the fuses.