FORUM RULES UPDATED - The forum rules have been updated to continue to provide a friendly and safe environment for our member community. Please take a moment to review the updated rules and our terms of use and privacy policy. Click here for Forum Rules which has links to the 'terms of use' and 'privacy policy'.
In Other News . . .
You will notice a few enchancements to the forums to make your experience better. These include: Email Notifications, Thread Previews, Thread Starter Notation, and Emoji Options on the 'Like' icon. . .
Additionally, the merchant portions of the website have been updated and are now operational. . . . Check out iBoats for all your boating gear.
When starting my boat it will start but when I release the ignition to run position it shuts down, I replaced ignition switch but that didn't fix. What do I check now and how?
I looked at the post you recomended but where would the slave solenoid be? is it on top where the red breaker button is? I'm rather mech challenged but am a decent parts changer.
Could use a little more info to go on. Year of boat / motor and serial #s as well.
Try this link for more diagnostics from Don S in the Adults Only Stickey : http://forums.iboats.com/showthread.php?t=167035
Without knowing the year or SN of the engine, there is no way of answering your question. Merc didn't user ballast reisistors, and it could be as simple as installing the kill switch theather.