FORUM RULES UPDATED - The forum rules have been updated to continue to provide a friendly and safe environment for our member community. Please take a moment to review the updated rules and our terms of use and privacy policy. Click here for Forum Rules which has links to the 'terms of use' and 'privacy policy'.
In Other News . . .
You will notice a few enchancements to the forums to make your experience better. These include: Email Notifications, Thread Previews, Thread Starter Notation, and Emoji Options on the 'Like' icon. . .
Additionally, the merchant portions of the website have been updated and are now operational. . . . Check out iBoats for all your boating gear.
TC, the last Merc 1500 was built in 1977. You may have a Merc 115HP motor, which is similar to the 1500, but was built until 1988 or so. You can confirm year by looking up serial number at maxrules.com.
Thanks guys. It must be between a 73 and 77 like you said chris. I am looking at a boat with one of these motors on it. I assumed the motor was the same year as the boat, but I was wrong. That is why I love Iboats, because people on here know what they are doing. Any more advice or opinions would be appreciated.