Mendocino Kayak Company

KRH1326

Chief Petty Officer
Hi Guys,

Not sure where to post this, as we don't have a kayak forum. If a mod can find the correct home for this, much appreciated.

I purchased a used Mendocino Qayapak. It is a pontoon based kayak. The purchase was relatively cheap ( $100 ) for just the kayak, no accessories. I figured that I could get more info and maybe some catalogs online.

I can't find anything at all about the Mendocino Kayak Company, other than this was built with fishing or scuba diving in mind. The pontoons make it extra stable for rough water and it has a molded square transome for a motor mount.

I can't even find a website for Mendocino Kayak Company.

Can any of our NorCal members help me out with info?

Attachments

• mendo kayak.jpg
    mendo kayak.jpg
    6.4 KB · Views: 0

Bob_VT

Moderator & Unofficial iBoats Historian
Staff member
Re: Mendocino Kayak Company

There are listings online with address and telephone number. Do your google search in "quotes" and you should be able to find that...... then you will have to do it the Old Fashioned Way ....... call and use the mail!

KRH1326

Chief Petty Officer

Hi,

I just tried again with the quotes ( "Mendocino Kayak Co" ) and got six items.

1) DIVERS Scuba Related Links - Has a dead link ( page cannot be found ) link to Mendocino Kayak Co.

2) Mendocino Hotels : Find hotels in Mendocino....

3) Mendocino hotels: Search hotel rates in Mendocino ....

4) Sharkbait Dive Club Scuba Related Links - Has a dead link ( page cannot be found ) link to Mendocino Kayak Co.

5) 全球資訊網黃皮書 Bookmarks - Bonsai imported from China

6) What's New With NCSA Mosaic: Archives for November 1995 - Has just a brief description of the qayapak, that I wrote in the original post.

I did find a reference to a company called "Visual Identity" which could be a parent company. I will try to follow that path,

Thanks for the help.

arks

Lieutenant Commander

Hi Guys,

I purchased a used Mendocino Qayapak. It is a pontoon based kayak. The purchase was relatively cheap ( $100 ) for just the kayak, no accessories.

That's one I've never seen. Interesting little rig.
Looks like it could be a good candidate for a small sail and rudder, or a trolling motor.

KRH1326

Chief Petty Officer

This is company logo. Still Searching.

Attachments

• kayak 2.jpg
    kayak 2.jpg
    5.9 KB · Views: 0

brettbecker

Recruit

My cousins is letting me borrow his Mendocino pontoon kayak and I need to track down the company also because it's missing a round seal that keeps water out of the pontoon. If anyone has any info that would be great!