Memorial Day Tribute

LadyFish

Admiral
Memorial Day is much more than a three-day weekend that marks the beginning of summer. To many people, especially the nation's thousands of combat veterans, this day, which has a history stretching back all the way to the Civil War, is an important reminder of those who died in the service of their country.<br /><br />
image79_jpg.jpg
<br /><br />I want to extend my deepest thanks and gratitude to all the men and women that are serving in our military, those who served in the past, who have been killed and wounded, and all of their families for the sacrifices they make for our safety and the security of our country.<br /><br />We wouldnt live in this great country without them. I'd also like to remember our allies for their soldier's sacrifice in our fight against terrorism and freeing iraq.<br /><br />Keep up the great work all enlisted men and women, we will see you when you get home. And if you don't make it, we will see you in Heaven, and we will honor your heroism for serving and protecting us.<br /><br />We pray for your safety and well being.<br /><br />WE LOVE YOU. Godspeed!

knobby

Chief Petty Officer
Re: Memorial Day Tribute

there's no greater gift than for a man to give his life for his friends.

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

watermark.php
<br /><br />May 28, 2004 <br />Memorial Day Weekend 2004 <br />In Flanders Fields <br /><br />In Flanders fields the poppies blow<br /> Between the crosses, row on row,<br /> That mark our place; and in the sky<br /> The larks, still bravely singing, fly<br />Scarce heard amid the guns below.<br /><br />We are the Dead. Short days ago<br />We lived, felt dawn, saw sunset glow,<br /> Loved and were loved, and now we lie,<br /> In Flanders fields.<br /><br />Take up our quarrel with the foe:<br />To you from failing hands we throw<br /> The torch; be yours to hold it high.<br /> If ye break faith with us who die<br />We shall not sleep, though poppies grow<br /> In Flanders fields.<br /> <br /> Lt. Col. John McCrae (1872-1918)

Bigfun

Petty Officer 1st Class

I'll be shooting my cannon as a tribute to the dead, and gentle ;) reminder to my neighbors.

BrianFD

Senior Chief Petty Officer

Well said, LadyFish!<br />God Bless Our Troops!

gaugeguy

Captain

I chat with several WW2, Korea and Vietnam vets regurlarly. Each one of them are tough as nails SOB's, and on monday when we put on the uniforms that don't quite fit right anymore and walk down Main street to the town memorial together as brothers in arms, I will see tears in most of their eyes. They know the true price of freedom.

Carphunter

Commander

Very well said Ladyfish!<br /><br />We can never repay those that gave their lives for this great country..........all we can do is try.<br /><br />They will all be in my famlies prayers.<br /><br /><br />Good story guageguy. Amen to you brother. :)

delta breeze

Petty Officer 3rd Class

Amen. Salute to all!! Have a wonderful and safe boating weekend. The Delta Breeze

Stratosfied

Ensign

Very Well said,Ladyfish. I wish that we could do more for all who served.

snapperbait

Vice Admiral

Thank You a million times over to those who served... <br /><br />The same Thank You to those who continue to serve...

Bassy

Lieutenant Commander

I ditto all that's been said. Very well done all.<br />Bassy

bubbakat

Captain

God has already blessed my fallen comrades.<br />He has also blessed those of us whom did not fall.<br />I realize this every-time I see something like this posted. <br />Thank you from the bottom of my heart.<br /><br />JB thanks for the flag and the quote mine will be at half mast to.

gonfishn

Commander

You could not have said it any better BubbaKat..Those of you who have walked in our shoes know what he means..<br /><br />Thank-you America for letting many of us here finally come home..Its been a long journey to get to this day, to even be able to say that..<br /><br />Thank-you Ladyfish..

Scoop

Lieutenant Junior Grade

Well said. Memorial day is a day to rememeber those that paid the ultimate price for our freedom. Not just our freedom but that of many other people around the world.

LadyFish

Admiral

NO, Gonfishn, Bubbakat and all our other soldiers.......Thank You!
28.gif