McCulloch 14 Again - Tighten the Pivot?

LaqueRatt

Chief Petty Officer
I have to constantly push on the tiller to keep the boat going straight. I'd like to reduce the effort. I tried tightening the bolt on the transom clamp that holds the two brackets together, but that didn't help. What I'd like would be to let go of it and have it remain centered. Is this possible? It's just too floppy and loose.

brim_buster

Lieutenant Junior Grade
this might help. I had to search deep into the manual but found it

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    371.3 KB · Views: 7

LaqueRatt

Chief Petty Officer
That's interesting. Thanks for posting. I'm thinking mine is not the ox motor, but I'll look to see if have a friction adjustment similar to this. Had it out on the lake yesterday and it seemed better since tightening the bolt on the transom clamp. Think finally have it dialed in. Was really impressed how strong this little motor is. On the back of my 14' Mirro Craft she was really moving. Now if I can just get the missing reverse lockout bracket for it. I've not even found a picture of one just like mine.

brim_buster

Lieutenant Junior Grade
Let me look. They only made 2 style 14hp If I remember correctly. They are probably pretty similar

brim_buster

Lieutenant Junior Grade
Just a different foot on the ox

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    371.9 KB · Views: 4

LaqueRatt

Chief Petty Officer
Very cool. Thanks brim_buster. Think I'm slowly figuring things out.

I just took part #10 off the motor because it was getting hung up. It's bent pretty bad and it seems wider than the space between the brackets. I notice now though that the motor will tip up past the point where it locks in. Bounces more than it used to.

Last edited: