Maybe what George should have said.

Kenneth Brown

Captain
As all you all know, the defeat of Iraq's regime has been completed. <br />Since congress does not want to spend any more money on this war, our <br />mission in Iraq is complete. <br /> <br /> This morning I gave the order for a complete removal of all American <br />forces from Iraq. This action will be complete within 30 days. <br /> <br /> It is now time to begin the reckoning. <br /> <br /> Before me, I have two lists. One list contains the names of <br />countries which have stood by our side during the Iraq conflict. This list <br />is short. The United Kingdom, Spain, Bulgaria, Australia, and Poland are <br />some of the countries listed there. <br /> <br /> The other list contains everyone not on the first list. Most of the <br />world's nations are on that list. My press secretary will be distributing <br />copies of both lists later this evening. <br /> <br /> Let me start by saying that effective immediately, foreign aid to <br />those nations on List 2 ceases immediately and indefinitely. The money <br />saved during the first year alone will pretty much pay for the costs of the <br />Iraqi war. <br /> <br /> The American people are no longer going to pour money into third <br />world hellholes and watch those government leaders grow fat on corruption. <br /> <br /> Need help with a famine? Wrestling with an epidemic? Call France. <br /> <br /> In the future, together with Congress, I will work to redirect this <br />money toward solving the vexing social problems we still have at home. <br /> <br /> On that note, a word to terrorist organizations. Screw with us and <br />we will hunt you down and eliminate you and all your friends from the face <br />of the earth. Thirsting for a gutsy country to terrorize? Try France, or <br />maybe China. <br /> <br /> To Israel and the Palestinian Authority. Yo, boys. Work out a peace <br />deal now. Just note that Camp David is closed. Maybe all of you can go to <br />Russia for negotiations. They have some great palaces there. Big tables, <br />too. <br /> <br /> I'm ordering the immediate severing of diplomatic relations with <br />France, Germany, and Russia. Thanks for all your help, comrades. We are <br />retiring from NATO as well. Bon chance, mes amis. <br /> <br /> I have instructed the Mayor of New York City to begin towing the <br />many UN diplomatic vehicles located in Manhattan with more than two unpaid <br />tickets to sites where those vehicles will be stripped, shredded and <br />crushed. I don't care about whatever treaty pertains to this. Pay your <br />tickets tomorrow or watch your precious Benzes, Beamers, and limos be <br />turned over to some of the finest chop shops in the world. I love New York. <br /> <br /> A special note to our neighbors. Canada is on List 2. Since we are <br />going to be seeing a lot more of each other, you folks might want to try <br />not pissing us off for a change. Mexico is also on List 2. President Fox <br />and his entire corrupt government really need an attitude adjustment. I <br />have a couple extra tank and infantry divisions sitting around. Guess where <br />I'm gonna put 'em? Yep, border security. So start doing something with your <br />oil. Oh, by the way, the United States is abrogating the NAFTA treaty -- <br />starting now. <br /> <br /> It is time for America to focus on its own welfare and its own <br />citizens. Some will accuse us of isolationism. <br /> <br /> I answer them by saying 'darn tootin.' Nearly a century of trying to <br />help folks live a decent life around the world has only earned us the <br />undying enmity of just about everyone on the planet. <br /> <br /> It is time to eliminate hunger in America. It is time to eliminate <br />homelessness in America. It is time to eliminate World Cup soccer from <br />America. <br /> <br /> To the nations on List 1, a final thought. Thanks guys. We owe you. <br />To the nations on List 2, a final thought. Drop dead. <br /> God bless America. <br />Thank you and good night. <br /><br /> Note to all Canadians: This is a c&p. I do not have the same veiews regarding your country as the authors. No offense is meant to you by this by me. Please accept my apoligies. Mexico- Ya, I agree one hundred percent.

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Re: Maybe what George should have said.

Sure glad you aren't in charge, KB.<br /><br />First, because about 3/4 of the above is about as naive as a teen age jock.<br /><br />Second, because the guy in charge should say what HE thinks, not C&P what somebody else has pontificated, then back off from part of it.<br /><br />What do YOU think, KB?<br /><br />I think:. . . . Gee Dubya AGIN!

Kenneth Brown

Captain

Whenever I quote someone I try to do it in its entiriety (sp). I do like our neighbors to the north. I feel like they have helped us tremendously over the years. I felt it neccesary to clarify my position on this, since it was part of his statement. <br /><br />
First, because about 3/4 of the above is about as naive as a teen age jock
I am not a teenager, and I am not a jock. I will be celebrating my first anniversary of my 29th birthday this year and I hate watching/playing most sports. It may be naive, but wouldn't it be nice? Can't we all dream? MLK had a dream and part of it has come true, I sure hope some of this dream will too. I guess its not a dream, maybe just a fantasy. Anyhow I liked it, and I think others will too, maybe they share the same fantasy.

snapperbait

Vice Admiral

29! dang kids think they know everthing.. :p :D j/k

neumanns

Lieutenant Commander

Boy that was kinda a downner wasn't it KB. :D

KennyKenCan

Commander

Hey K-Brown,<br /><br />I support ya!<br /><br />I agree with your original post and wish that it could be true, but I know that no sitting President would make a speech like that, although they should!<br /><br />A world leader must lead with a spine, and not with a inflated, fat organ and ego's.<br /><br />And if the world had more people like Geo. W. Bush, who has proven that he has a spine, the world would be a much better place!<br /><br />Just my .02

POINTER94

Vice Admiral

If I were GW I would have said:<br /><br />"HEY, WHERE THE HE!! ARE THE JOURNALISTS??"<br /><br />and: NO, I am not still beating my wife.....

Carphunter

Commander

I think KB was trying to make a point. I understand, and agree also.<br /><br />Point is, the American people are to good to do many of the things in KB's post, yet many countries wouldn't hesitate to do the same to us.<br /><br />The Bible teaches us to love our enemies,..............it sure is hard though.

Dave Abrahamson

Lieutenant

Originally posted by Carphunter:<br /><br /><br />The Bible teaches us to love our enemies,..............it sure is hard though.
Yeah..It also says "eye for an eye" and "to forgive is divine"<br /><br />Which one are you buyin' into?

JB

Hey, KB.<br /><br />It isn't my intention to call you a teen jock.<br /><br />Many of the "bytes" sound great for hollywood, but the consequences of saying it and worse, of doing it, would be catastrophic. That is what caused the "naive" remark. They are the kind of macho things teen jocks say without thinking of what would come after.<br /><br />Others I think are pretty much what the President said anyway.<br /><br />By the way, ethics say that you should identify those whom you quote.<br /><br />Peace. :)

12Footer

Fleet Admiral

Ken, of course I agree entirely with many of the principles you addressed in your mock press conference.<br />I read it before, tho not revised for this time/place, but in a former form. JUst as then, this little speach makes us "feel good", much like the last 10minutes of any Arnold Shwartzinegger (sp, i know i messed THAT one up) film. It would be a very gutsy thing for the president to say, and I know for sure, much of it, he would DIE to say. <br />Problem: He can't. America is not isolationist, nor could it stand long being isolationist in creed. The attacks that led to Pearl Harbor, were fueled by an US embargo upon Japan ,which brought us into the 2nd world war in no uncertain terms.<br />As for much of the speech, a truely free society cannot stand firmly behind. To do so, would make a laughing stock out my ancestors, and the Statue in New York's Harbor---You know the one, ("give us yer tired, yer poor,{yada-yada}").<br />But in one big way, I think the president DID say part of that...June 30th, we turn-over the riegns to the Iraqi people. I hope the transition of power goes more smoothly than predicted, as it currently means a long, costly pressense after the fact. <br />This is because we are firm in our resolve to do this. And just as with the Kuwaitis, when we liberate a country, we don't like having to go back and mop-up little insurrections.<br /><br />So I ask all who have read that post to think about the resolve the author placed in it. It's the same,(let's take care of buisness) but different (let's cut our losses, pull up the ol welcome mat, and dismantle the Statue of Liberty) ....Take it as the joke ,as was the original intent. If only Arnold could step-up to the podium! Lighten-up. That's a joke, y'all.

Toad2001

Chief Petty Officer

Quote-"A special note to our neighbors. Canada is on List 2. Since we are <br />going to be seeing a lot more of each other, you folks might want to try <br />not pissing us off for a change."<br /><br />Does anyone know what the h*ell this is supposed to mean??<br /><br />Canada isn't compelled to acquiesce in every endeavor the US in involved with if thats what it implies...

bubbakat

Captain

I agree with you K B but as was stated it couldn't be said. But there is one thing I can say<br />
Canada isn't compelled to acquiesce in every endeavor the US in involved with if thats what it implies..
. <br /> toad get a life man. You set behind that key board and run the U.S.A. down.I think you must be some kind of a keyboard rambo.<br />The man stated he didn't feel this way. I sure am glad all our friends up your way aren't like you.

Toad2001

Chief Petty Officer

I know that it was a quote, Bubbakat, I'm just wondering who would feel that way.?.?.<br /><br />Good Grief.

Kenneth Brown

Captain

Thanks guys. I know that it couldn't be said without destroying much of life as we know it. It would be cool if he could though you know. It was a joke and I never thought that he could say it.<br /><br />JB- Sorry, I don't know the author, I would give credit if I could.<br /><br />Toad- I have no idea what it means. Your country does as it wishes and so does mine. Neither is obligated to cover the others butt although a working relationship between the two is awful nice to both sides. I'm a long ways off from Canada, I have only met a few of ya'll, and those were nice guys. I assumed most were the same. The USA and Canada are more like sisters than you seem to want to give them credit for.

12Footer

Fleet Admiral

Amoung other countires, Canada refused to support the United Nations resolution #1441, of Novenber 8, 2002. Canada even lost some of thier own citizens in the attacks of Sept11.2001. And yet, they remain isloated behind a very leaky border. If Canada continues it's course of isolationism, that's just peachy . But the border must be fixed yesterday. Who cares how many bottles of hootch are smuggled in the false floors of RVs tagged in Florida? We are more concerned with the diaper-headed mutants with vests made of C4, who would self-detonate in the stands of a NASCAR race, comming over here unhindered!<br />Have your PM get right on it, please.<br /><br />www.un.int/usa/sres-iraq.htm

Toad2001

Chief Petty Officer

With all due respect 12 footer, it is the US authorities that let traffic and people into the US and Canada that lets traffic and people out of the US and into Canada. So if you want to sort out the C4, "diaperhead" and hooch issues you better have YOUR border patrol guards conduct better inspections. Rest assured Canada is working diligently to capture terrorists, thwart drug smuggling and capture illegal immigrants, as well as patrol the longest exposed border in the world.<br /><br />As far as Canada being isolated, well the only thing we stayed away from was Iraq. I have no further comment on that.

wajajaja

Chief Petty Officer

see where this forum wanders when there isnt a current thread on BAYLINER, OR FORCE,

JB

Hey, Wajajaja!<br /><br />We don't use language like that on this forum! :D :D