Max RPM on 2000 175 Ficht?

ridnlow

Seaman
Thread starter
Joined
Sep 12, 2008
Messages
50
Hi everyone, just curious on what rpm range I should be running on my 2000 175 ficht? it has Viper 14.5 X 19 prop on it, I have been running about 4000 rpm's as of now not sure where I should not go over.
Thanks
 

junior1113

Senior Chief Petty Officer
Joined
Jan 29, 2009
Messages
763
Re: Max RPM on 2000 175 Ficht?

wot (wide open throttle) should be in the 5600-5900 if i owned it. this is what everything is based on to little wiil result in lugging the motor and to high will overrev the motor both kill motor life u need to be in manufacters recomended wot rpm to get the most out of your motor what is your wot rpm? wot does not hurt 2 strokes if your question is what should u run at thats up to u
 

ridnlow

Seaman
Thread starter
Joined
Sep 12, 2008
Messages
50
Re: Max RPM on 2000 175 Ficht?

Hi, ok is the 5600 to 5900 the manufacture rpm range? And I guess with that prop that should not affect anything?
Thanks greatly.
 

junior1113

Senior Chief Petty Officer
Joined
Jan 29, 2009
Messages
763
Re: Max RPM on 2000 175 Ficht?

what is your wot rpm those are recomended to be 5000-6000 the upper level of the range is best irun my 200 at 5650 what kind of boat how big
 

ridnlow

Seaman
Thread starter
Joined
Sep 12, 2008
Messages
50
Re: Max RPM on 2000 175 Ficht?

Hi, I have a 21ft Cobia center console, I have never taken the engine over 4200 rpm's, but I guess I should to make sure I dont load it up with fuel etc.
 

junior1113

Senior Chief Petty Officer
Joined
Jan 29, 2009
Messages
763
Re: Max RPM on 2000 175 Ficht?

lot of people think thier charishing thier motor by not going to fast opening it up cleans the carbs good 2 strokes love rpms u wont hurt anything opening it up i run mine wot most the time im out that 19 should be close i have a 21' hyda sport with 19 on my 200 and hit 5650 @ 44 mph u really need to see where your at though .nice boat almost bought 1 but the yamaha was weak if this thing gets over 6000 slow down u need a 17
 

kenmyfam

Supreme Mariner
Joined
Aug 10, 2006
Messages
14,398
Re: Max RPM on 2000 175 Ficht?

Hi, I have a 21ft Cobia center console, I have never taken the engine over 4200 rpm's, but I guess I should to make sure I dont load it up with fuel etc.

What's the motor ??
 
Top