FORUM RULES UPDATED - The forum rules have been updated to continue to provide a friendly and safe environment for our member community. Please take a moment to review the updated rules and our terms of use and privacy policy. Click here for Forum Rules which has links to the 'terms of use' and 'privacy policy'.
In Other News . . .
You will notice a few enchancements to the forums to make your experience better. These include: Email Notifications, Thread Previews, Thread Starter Notation, and Emoji Options on the 'Like' icon. . .
Additionally, the merchant portions of the website have been updated and are now operational. . . . Check out iBoats for all your boating gear.
I would be interested in knowing that answer to question myself. I have a 1986 24 ft Riveria Crusier that I would like to put a Evinrude 115 on it. It has a Johnson 70 HP on it now. I have no idea what it's rated for as the rating plate is missing. My logs measure 19.25" in diameter so I would assume that has something to do with the maximum horsepower too?? How do you go about determining the maximum horsepower to start with???
Les, your toon was originally rated for 90 HP. I would check with your insurance company to see if they would cover you just in case if you put the 115 on..
Pics of your motor mount I can answer that, is there not a tag above the right toon? mine is a 24 footer with the adjustable mount, and it too is an oldie but goodie from 1964, and I am running a 75hp johnson