Math

NYMINUTE

Captain
Re: Math

I sense a Walmart Connection here I give the 'plum haired bimbo" a $20, and a $5 for a purchase of $21.51. I immediatly dip into my usally empty pocket for penny. I hand her the penny, she gives me the $5 back. (not bad for a penny) She then dips in the cash drawer, and hands me 3 $1's and 2 quarters. I was stunned, my wife knew what was coming next. Yep the penny. I said, "Here you'll need this (the $5.00) or you will be short. She said " How do you know?" quite cocky. My wife stepped up and said: "He is God!" As we left she let out a snit grunt. What a winner.<br /><br /> BTW; the reference to God was totally made up. If any one is offended, call my wife. Must be our NY roots.

jtexas

Fleet Admiral

It would be an unusual 16-year-old who could count back change the way we were taught (starting at the purchase total and counting up to the amount given) without somebody showing her how. <br /><br />That would be like chastising some poor kid 'cause he couldn't jump behind the wheel & drive off in a standard shift car if he'd only practiced on automatics.<br /><br />Now here's the stupid kid: I order my daughter a hamburger just the way she likes it: meat, mayo & cheese only, please. Kid gets a confused look & says "you can't get cheese on a hamburger!" I gave her a sincere look, "Oh, I'm sorry, in that case could I have a cheeseburger with meat mayo & cheese only?" No kidding, it really happened!

NYMINUTE

Captain

Originally posted by jtexas:<br />. <br /><br /><br />Now here's the stupid kid: I order my daughter a hamburger just the way she likes it: meat, mayo & cheese only, please. Kid gets a confused look & says "you can't get cheese on a hamburger!" I gave her a sincere look, "Oh, I'm sorry, in that case could I have a cheeseburger with meat mayo & cheese only?" No kidding, it really happened! [/QB]
What happened to Special Orders Don't Upset Us?????

dogsdad

Lieutenant

Originally posted by NYMINUTE:<br />
Originally posted by jtexas:<br />. <br /><br /><br />Now here's the stupid kid: I order my daughter a hamburger just the way she likes it: meat, mayo & cheese only, please. Kid gets a confused look & says "you can't get cheese on a hamburger!" I gave her a sincere look, "Oh, I'm sorry, in that case could I have a cheeseburger with meat mayo & cheese only?" No kidding, it really happened!
What happened to Special Orders Don't Upset Us????? [/QB]
That only applies when the intelligence of the person operating the register exceeds the intelligence of the food item being requested. :rolleyes: