Massachusetts isn't good enough for N.O. people

jtexas

Fleet Admiral
Re: Massachusetts isn't good enough for N.O. people

yup. no doubt some deadbeats in the bunch. sorry if I was unfair. <br /><br />Man, I thought NO was bad til I went to SFO, beautiful city, about the most photogenic town I ever been to, but they must have the biggest homeless population per sqft west of the Hudson.

fixin

Senior Chief Petty Officer

Two shelters in MO and one in IL fully stocked and staffed,been waiting for two days.They sent everyone home this afternoon and told them to "standby",maybe tomorrow.

harkawy

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Originally posted by jtexas:<br /> yup. no doubt some deadbeats in the bunch. sorry if I was unfair. <br /><br />Man, I thought NO was bad til I went to SFO, beautiful city, about the most photogenic town I ever been to, but they must have the biggest homeless population per sqft west of the Hudson.
We were in SFO this past June and while walking around we were "pestered" by no less than 40 street urchens per day, asking for money. After the third one asked for money, I told her that I wasn't in SFO to support her or any of the other homeless people. I donate at work via payroll deductions. <br /><br />It makes no difference where in the world one is located. There are those who need work and are willing to go out and find it and there are those who would prefer to stay on the street and beg or receive welfare.

treedancer

Commander

In the St. Louis area we cleaned up a closed down county jail and are making it available for about 1000 .Of course the are busy taking the barbed wire off of it today. <br /> welcome to St.Louis clang

POINTER94

Vice Admiral

There are going to be tens of thousands with their hands out until the day they meet st. peter. There is currently a competition by politicians to show how compassionate they are by handing out dollars.

imported_Curmudgeon

Chief Petty Officer

Massachusetts isn't good enough for N.O. people <br /><br />I guess homeless doesn't automatically mean stupid. Mass isn't good enough for a lot of folks! :p

wildbill59

Petty Officer 1st Class

I was in Boston in the early 80's. Driving was a real challenge as it was everybody for themselves on the road.<br />It's bad enough Teddy "Look out I'm coming over the bridge" and J.K. represent Massachutseans.<br />Fishing would be a plus.<br />Heard they're very gun unfriendly.<br /><br />I'd take VT or NH anyday

Skinnywater

Commander

I say THE HELL WITH THEM.
From a group that is mostly screaming media bias, the media can't be trusted, etc., etc.<br /><br />I've noticed from the many threads conserning N.O. the theme contains hard judgements based on information from a corrupt media and gross confusion caused by an overwhelming natural disaster.<br /><br /> jtexas, you're welcome at my home as my guest anytime. ;)

mattttt25

Commander

skinny- i was going to say the same thing. i read all over these boards about the corrupt, liberal media, but then the same people quote what they see and hear from that media and make comment.<br /><br />several reserve bases in md and va are currently housing people from NO. they didn't argue about coming here.<br /><br />it is also very understood that they would want to stay close to home. it is all they know. they want to be part of the solution, and assist in the rebuild. they are scared.

tommays

Admiral

haveing lived in Deleware, Texas, South Carolina,Tennessee and my last stop was NY at age 12 i get around a LOT all over the country and i really dont think people understand how different the USA is from place to place<br /><br /><br />there was no worse time in my LIFE than moveing from the south to the north <br /><br />i like it fine 37 years later but it was hell on the family even in the best of times<br /><br />tommays

aspeck

Staff member

I'm agreeing with you on this also, jt. My blood boils at the obvious idiots down there, but that doesn't stop my compassion for the overwhelming majority that are not idiots.<br /><br />Just wish the media and the politicians would stop pandering to the ugliness of it all and show some more of the refugees/evacuees that are truly already starting to build a new life for themselves.

KaGee

Admiral

Thank God they turned down the cruise ships.... look what they did to the SuperDome.<br /><br />Can you imagine the ships after they left??

Ralph 123

Captain

According to the radio, they are coming today to the Cape. Romney is waiting at the runway to greet them...

LubeDude

Admiral

Originally posted by aspeck:<br />[QB<br />Just wish the media and the politicians would stop pandering to the ugliness of it all and show some more of the refugees/evacuees that are truly already starting to build a new life for themselves. [/QB]
Ya, like thats going to happen anytime soon. :eek: :eek: Just like you are going to hear about the many, many good things happening in Irac. :confused: