Martinique

EWillie

Cadet
I have been searching all over from some collective insight on the Wellcraft Martinique. I recently purchased a 2600 and am comming to realize that this boat is a sum of its parts. I wanted to see if there was a place, this post, that people could put up some information on the upkeep and tips of this beautiful model. I am new to the boating world and could use some help. Engine maintanence, trim tab help, fuel gauge. Plus replacement parts or if anyone knows how to remake anything.

My first question is concerning the gauges, My fuel gague is acting up. It always reads full and never slips. Any thoughts on how to fix? The speed gauge also doesnt work but i would like it too.

Thanks for the help.

whitecrystal1

Seaman
Re: Martinique

Specking of having to have the tachometer gauge repaired; Mine was sticking sometimes and reading wrong. I spoke with my dealer about getting a new gauge and they said gauges are no longer available. He also said I could try to fix it myself by pulling the gauge out and dialing the screw on the back a dozen times back and forth, this is the screw that is set for what engine you have, 4,6 or 8 cylinder. I did that around 2 years ago and the gauge has been working great every since so if anyone's gauge is acting funny it is worth a try. :)

EWillie

Cadet

Thanks for the information. I have been finding more and more about how my boat will function under load. I have the mercruiser 5.7EFI. I have been working on finding the sweet spot. 30 MPH @ 3400RPM. Does anyone else know how this motor works with the 2600?

whitecrystal1

Seaman

Sounds like your doing a pretty good job finding it as it is somewhere in the 3000-3500RPM range. If the water is good, I generally run mine right at 3500rpm and I see a cruse speed of 35.5mph (GPS) burning 8 gallons an hour -if I don't have to use the tabs. My max speed with just the wife and I was 47.5 (GPS) tested this back in 2004 lol. I believe yours is right around 42 IIRC. I am running a pair of 24 pitch SS Bravo III props.

Where are you in the bay? I boat on the Potomac River just north of the 301 Bridge

EWillie

Cadet

Im up in Raystown Lake PA. My boat got tossed around in the bay. Plus its a lot cheaper up in PA. I see you mentioned not using your tabs, is it bad to do so? Also what about the trim on the out drive? This is my first "real" boat and I want to make sure that I get the most out of it. I found on the welcraft website the original window sticker for the boat and listed with the 5.7L EFI as 29MPH at 3450rpm. Now I would like to find out about GPH of my motor at that speed.

Thanks,

Eric

whitecrystal1

Seaman

Hey Eric, sorry for the long delay in replying and Merry Christmas :)
What meant by not using tabs was from having to put them down too much due to rough water. If it's rough and have to use them I see around 28-30mph at the same rpm, 3500. For me I usually set the tilt on the drive to around 1/4 up on the gauge.

And to give you a follow up on my Tachometer, it is sticking again. I went ahead and called Faria about it and they did say they would fully rebuild it for $50. BUT I would loose the hours on the meter and that they can not recalibrate it :confused: Guess I will be sending it in over the winter and will have to hook up a battery to the gauge for 10 days to get the correct hours on it again. Doesn't make since that the manufacture can not do this.

How are you liking your boat? This winter I am having a friend install a windless anchor and flood/spot light on mine.
We stayed over night for the first time this past summer on our and liked it a lot. Would love to have air on this thing now lol.