Market for jet skis for parts?

V-Tech

Seaman Apprentice
I have a 1998 Yamaha Gp800 Wave Runner and it needs a cylinder, maybe a cylinder head, a piston and the carbs and fuel pumps rebuilt. Is there a market out there to sell this as a parts boat? If so, what do you think it might be worth?

I'm afraid that most people looking for parts are pretty much looking for the parts that are bad on this one.

Thank you!

bigdaddypt

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: Market for jet skis for parts?

There's always a market for used PWC parts. You are right about the parts that need attention being some that most people will be looking for. But things like the crank, crank case, jet pump would be things that people look for. The cables, guages, seat, mirrors. All things people look for on older skis because they break. Considering that it needs a top end, and the carbs/fuel pump rebuilt, my guess is $2-500 depending how the rest is and if it is a fresh/salt water vessel. That's w/o the trailer.

Yamahaha1

Cadet
Re: Market for jet skis for parts?

Hi V-Tech: I would be interested to see where you go with this. I am thinking of doing the same here in West Virginia. Parting out and working on skis. Might sound like a lot of work. But if You took photos and assigned tags and uploaded them.. Google search would give the results to people looking to buy or replace said parts...I always google the part first, and Love to have results for items like you described. I hate going to pages that have all the unrelated items and Not what I am looking for. There are several Venues for posting, Including here ( I think) ? But the most essential tool for gaining exposure is Gmail account and Then I use Google plus. Or Just create a FB Page Call it " PartingOut PWCs" and start posts.. You can also use stock photos instead of photographing them yourself.
I do social Media Marketing and Internet SEO for Hobby.. Would be glad to help you out If you decide to go this route. Have Great Day!

PS with New Federal standards The Old Boneyards ( For Automative) do not carry Most parts any longer.. I am fairly certain it also the same with PWC's!:D