Mariner hit lead to cdm connection

Saf-uk

Recruit
Hello
I have a 60 hp 2 stroke 2005 Bigfoot mariner outboard.
I was thinking of replacing ht leads and decided to check the fitting. I pulled off one lead from one of the cdm’s and there was no terminal on the dnd of the ht lead. In the cdm socket I can se the end of a self tapping screw. It appears the ht lead is held is connected to the cdm by this screw- which I was surprised by. Is this normal?!
I took the spark plug ebd of the lead off and screwed the lead back into the screw in the cdm socket and reconnected it up. Seems to work ok but I have ordered a new cdm in case. The cdm currently fitted appears to be a genuine part.
So the questions I have other than asking if this is normal are - Is it possible to replace ht leads on these engines as I only see got leads with terminals being sold or should the cdm be replaced - I see cdms seem to be sold with the lead attached.
Seems wasteful to have to replace the cdm + lead when all I wanted to do was replace the hot leads for general maintenance and because one of them is slightly abraded from the hood being taken on and off.
Many thanks !

sam am I

Commander
FWIW

ht = High Tension
cdm's = Capacitive Discharge Modules
ebd = End Boot Disconnect
dnd = Dungeons and Dragons? Do Not Disturb? IDK!

Saf-uk

Recruit
Thank you for the spell check. Who needs chat gpt (Google it).
Correct on the HT and ODM.
Ebd = end
dnd = and