Mariner 40 rectifier/voltage regulator

erikleppe

Cadet
Insted of the original rectifier and voltage regulator for these engines, can I use one from a car engine? Or does it need to have any special specifications? It's kind og urgent as The boat is for sale, and I hate to sell any unfinished projects!<br />thanks in advance! :p

Spidybot

Lieutenant Commander
Re: Mariner 40 rectifier/voltage regulator

Hej Erik<br /><br />Don't think you'll be able to find any automotive parts that will fit, or work in the long run.<br /><br />Also, marine part are of a higher specification in many respects. Insulation, for one.

erikleppe

Cadet

Hei UU!<br /><br />Do you know what the values for the voltage regulator needs? how much input voltage (output voltage from engine) must it handle?

Spidybot

Lieutenant Commander

No - I do not have the manual for your motor. My comment was meant in general. You risc your stator if you doesn't get it right. Alone for your motor there is a number of different rectifiers - price ranging from DKK 400 to DKK 1000 + moms.<br /><br />Considering the risc, time etc. I'd guess the original part is better than a 'best guess' car part?

erikleppe

Cadet

I just checked with my local Mariner dealer, and the rectifier alone costs 1100NOK ( about 1000DKK). <br />Well well, I'll just recharge the battery then... :cool:

Spidybot

Lieutenant Commander

Check the price from the US. Even though yoiu'd have to pay shipping, customs and moms it may prove cheaper.<br /><br />Need your motor serial to get the exact price - if you state it I'll check it here.