Mariner 4 - The start of a new hobby!

ant7797

Cadet
How are both wooden floors being secured once joined in middle of the Mariner ?

Happy Boating
They aren't secured. Just floating on top of the factory slatted floor. Guess i could use some type of h-channel.

stvneadams

Cadet
I posted this in the other Mariner 4 thread, but has anyone made benches for the boat that rest on the inflated portions? I tend to set on one of the tubes perpendicular to the boat to run the trolling motor but I've wanted to put in some bench seats for a while. Most people seem to put in a solid floor and add pedestal seats, which I don't really want (adds something I have to build at the boat launch). I think benches seem like a great idea because they literally just sit in place and are easy to store/install quickly. I can't figure out if just a plank will do or if it should be more complicated than that.

Sea Rider

Supreme Mariner
If plan adding a wooden bench, it's a bad idea to rest then on the tubes which has a thin unsupported fabric along rocking hard when cruising. Will need to rest and secure both bench's extremes on a solid floor, something like this l'''''''''''l.

Happy Boating

stvneadams

Cadet
If plan adding a wooden bench, it's a bad idea to rest then on the tubes which has a thin unsupported fabric along rocking hard when cruising. Will need to rest and secure both bench's extremes on a solid floor, something like this l'''''''''''l.

Happy Boating
That's what I was thinking. Some sort of poles that secure left/right movement as well as hit the floor for some additional support.

stvneadams

Cadet

Happy Boating
Something like this:

boat2.jpg

I'll have to test to see if the posts are necessary. Like I said, right now I sit on one of the pontoons and it seems fine. Distributed across both I can't see it being a huge problem; especially if I pad it somehow.

Sea Rider

Supreme Mariner
Both vertical wooden posts will need to be screwed onto a solid wooden floor if plan rowing while sitting on top of the extended wooden seat passing the deck section as seen in the drawing. Sitting on a tube to paddle comfy it's a much different scenario than doing same sitting and paddling on a unsupported transversal seat.

Happy Boating

Last edited:

stvneadams

Cadet
Both vertical wooden posts will need to be screwed onto a solid wooden floor if plan rowing while sitting on top of the extended wooden seat as seen in drawing.

Happy Boating
I use a motor, so I really just need it to be a semi-stable seat. Right now I'm using a little folding stool that sits on the floor of the boat.

jbcurt00

Staff member
I posted this in the other Mariner 4 thread
And reposting the same question here in someone elses topic breaks 2 of our guidelines against double posting the same info in seperate topics and hijacking someone elses topic

Closed

@ant7797 if you return, flag any post in this topic or PM a Mod and ask for it to be re-opened

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
@ant7797 - The thread was locked because your last post was in January, just out side of our 90 day rule. The thread was subsequently hijacked.

It is open for your posting pleasure.

ant7797

Cadet
@ant7797 - The thread was locked because your last post was in January, just out side of our 90 day rule. The thread was subsequently hijacked.

It is open for your posting pleasure.
Ahhh...Understood. Haven't posted in a while because I've been on the water. Will try to be more active here.