mariah switches

s1jor

Petty Officer 2nd Class
have a mariah 180 shaboah, some of the swittches on the dash are lookin a bit worn and tatty does anybody no where i can get these switches from???????????????/

18rabbit

Captain
Re: mariah switches

Very few (if any) vessel manufacturers make their own electrical components. You can remove one of the switches and look for the manufacture’s ID markings and model numbers on them.<br /><br />Also, many switches are made to fit industry standardized holes (cutouts). If you can’t ID the switches you have you should be able to replace the switches with another manufacture’s switch and have it fit like a glove.

MariahMan

Cadet

If your switches are the same as mine in my 2001 252 Shabah, then they are made by Carling Tech most likely (http://switches.carlingtech.com/index.asp) They are the "Contura IV" series. I have a PDF with information on ordering. You can customize the switches with many symbols available form the company.

Hope that helps!

-Ryan

180shabah

Rear Admiral

Hey Ryan,

Welcome to iboats.

The Mariah forum is not very active, common for the manufacturer forums. This thread is 2 1/2 years old, hopefully he has figured out his switch issue by now :cool:

MariahMan

Cadet

Wow, yeah didn't realize that this thread was that old. Yeah, hopefully he figured out his switch problem. Oh well. Thanks for the welcome!

180Diablo

Petty Officer 3rd Class

wow .. rehashing old posts rocks! ROFL

I never knew about the Carling webpage for switches. I have to replace at least 3 of my switches because of broken housings and so far I have just found the Sierra webpage which looks like they sell the Carling tech switches.

But after seeing that previous post w/ the webpage I found my exact switch with very detailed information about the switches. Now I just have to simply pull a switch, read the model number and order it !

wicked !

MariahMan

Cadet

Carling tech makes some high quality switches. You can have them customize the icon on the switch as well! They also supply ARB (Offroad products manufacturer) with their switches as well.