Manual 25 missing section 4a?

Jkrt125

Cadet
Thread starter
Joined
Feb 25, 2010
Messages
13
Hi all,
noob here, but have been lurking awhile. Not to sound ungrateful, but the manual #25 seems to be missing a section, 4a which covers the starting system for the 4.3 V6 engine.
Our new to us boat has a 210hp version in a 'toon, and I'm having trouble starting the engine. I can hear, either the relay or the solenoid, click when the key is turned, but no starter engagement. In looking over the wiring, I see a black wire with loop connection that is not connected to anything, but is right around the solenoid and relays. I was hoping section 4a would help me figure out what this wire would do. Any WAG's out there?? Section 4a?

thanks,
Jack
 

Don S

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Joined
Aug 31, 2004
Messages
62,321
Re: Manual 25 missing section 4a?

Ok, I checked the #25 manual and it was all messed up. I updated it, and if you delete the file you currently have and redownload the file, it will include section 4A and straighten out a couple other sections.
 

Jkrt125

Cadet
Thread starter
Joined
Feb 25, 2010
Messages
13
Re: Manual 25 missing section 4a?

Thanks for the quick responses! I did look over your FAQ's and the starting link is very good, I was just hoping for a photo of the solenoid to make sure I'm putting the wires in the right spots.
 
Top