Manifold Nipple Leaks Excessive Oil 1983 60hp?

Klink

Petty Officer 1st Class
Thread starter
Joined
May 27, 2013
Messages
254
My neighbors 1983 Evinrude 60HP E60ELCTB always has a mess of black dirty oil that pools on the front of the engine below the carbs. It's a mess. The oil looks like it is coming from the intake manifold hose that goes to the base of the carburetor silencer. I only see that lone hose going to the intake manifold, there are no other oil lines on the engine that I can see. Is the nipple on the intake manifold some kind of a one way valve or just a hose fitting? It appears to just be spilling fuel into the carb or the carb is spilling too much oil for the intake manifold to absorb it all. ​
How's it work. What can I do to make the engine work clean?
 

Attachments

  • photo309636.jpg
    photo309636.jpg
    134 KB · Views: 0

racerone

Honorary Supreme Mariner
Joined
Dec 28, 2013
Messages
39,970
Oil leakage / residue from the carburetors would not be " black and dirty " in my opinion.
 

Klink

Petty Officer 1st Class
Thread starter
Joined
May 27, 2013
Messages
254
Thanks raceone for the quick response. I am going to clean it up and place an Oilsorb below the carb, see if that does the job.
 
Top