Man it's hot

ae708

Chief Petty Officer
98 here today with a heat index of 106...and about 80% humidity.

Terry H

Lieutenant Commander
Re: Man it's hot

75here, but 35% humidity. Without a coastline, who cares...Chief ;)

Link

Rear Admiral

70 with blue skys.. but should be raining within the next couple hours.. same as yesterday and expect the same tomorrow.. <br />We have a saying out here... If its not raining, its about to! However it keeps the grass green and if your boat has canvas you can fish all 12 months.

achris

More fish than mountain goat

Are you the same guys I read complaining about the cold a few months ago? <br /><br />For pete sake, make up your minds! You want warm or you want hot? Or are you like the baby bear who wants it 'just right'?<br /><br />C. :D

Moody Blue

Captain

I hear what you are saying. Been hot and humid here for the last 11 days. Temps in low 90's with humidity of 80-90%. Felt like 100-105. Add record smog levels for 7 straight days and you have a really uncomfortable and dangerous situation. Unheard of in this part of the world. Big storms with tornado's last night cleared everything away. Nice temps of 73 today and low humidity. Ah, I can breath again.<br /><br />EF Henry - a wonderful signature line.

SS MAYFLOAT

Admiral

Finally got some relief today. Tomorrow is to be 70. Think I'll change the two A/C compressors that burnt out last week. :( Boss wanted me to change them right away. Told him that on the roof it is over 100* and the units still have one stage running. Will change when it gets cooler. THats tomorrow. I just hate flushing units after a compressor burn out. Oh well its something to do and I should be thankful for my job.<br /><br />achris, I think we live on part of the earth that wobbles more than your area.

Drowned Rat

Captain

It's supposed to get to 107* today. Above 100* for the rest of the Summer probably. Time to get that 2nd job to pay the power bill. :D

reddog349

Petty Officer 1st Class

Hey its hot ---time to take the boat out and enjoy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Just got my new bimini - take that sun!

BLU LUNCH

Lieutenant

96 degrees yesterday it only 54 today, it feels like winter here in northern Ct.....

ae708

Chief Petty Officer

I gripe when it's hot but I love it. I HATE winter!! My grandmother had a poem on her mantle that said :<br /><br />As a rule a man's a fool<br />When it's hot he wants it cool.<br />When it's cold he wants it hot<br />Always wanting what is not.

Bassy

Lieutenant Commander

98 yesterday, 92 today, supposed to be 80 something tomorrow. Perfect! Great lake weather. Bring on the warm weather. Its good for the garden and good for my tan. <br />Bassy

achris

More fish than mountain goat

Originally posted by Bassy:<br /> 98 yesterday, 92 today, supposed to be 80 something tomorrow. Perfect! Great lake weather. Bring on the warm weather. Its good for the garden and good for my tan. <br />Bassy
Please post photo of tan. :D

sue5878

Petty Officer 3rd Class

Achris<br /><br />I'm complaining and I know why your away. Its cold here and I can't wait for 100f to come back.<br /><br />Having lived with humidity I understand what's been said. Luckily we have (generally) hot dry weather in summer in Perth.<br /><br />But I got to tell u I'd love to be complaining about the heat 12 months of the year.<br /><br />GR

Moody Blue

Captain

Get Reel and Achris, I spoke to a friend of the family last week that had spent 2 years in Australia and he said the heat there was nothing compared to the heat and humidity we were having here at the time. The humidity has a huge impact on the intensity of the heat. Some day I may break down and buy an air conditioner but until then I'll just complain when it is too hot :D :D

NYMINUTE

Captain

Mid 70's here for a few days, back to the H & H tomorrow. Was high 80's low 90's for 10 days before the break.

limeyboater

Cadet

Could hit 75 :cool: this weekend for the first time this year :rolleyes: , you boys dont know how good ye got it :D :D :D

LadyFish

Admiral

92 degrees here today and we're lucky the humidity is only 53% but no breeze whatsoever. <br /><br />It's so HOT here even the seagulls are getting cranky.

Navigator

Chief Petty Officer

90 here, 80% humidity, without any clouds or breeze.<br />Last week it was great, 80's with a good breeze from the tropical storm off shore. Once it past, misery set in once again....... :( <br /><br />The Last week in october is when the heat usually subsides...at least partially. :D <br /><br />Nav :cool: