Man, I hate this

BoatBuoy

Rear Admiral
My garage/workshop is gradually being consumed by "rummage" in anticipation of the first spring garage/yard/rummage sale. The Warden has been spending time gathering up useless items from the house and depositing them in the said area. I'm told that when the event happens, I will be assisting. Anyone else have this problem?<br /><br />Man, I hate this.

Tinkerer

Senior Chief Petty Officer
Re: Man, I hate this

Originally posted by BoatBuoy:<br /> My garage/workshop is gradually being consumed by "rummage" in anticipation of the first spring garage/yard/rummage sale. The Warden has been spending time gathering up useless items from the house and depositing them in the said area. I'm told that when the event happens, I will be assisting. Anyone else have this problem?<br />
No.<br /><br />My warden is a primary teacher.<br /><br />Primary teachers are bower birds (pack rats in US?) who hoard everything.<br /><br />My warden's sole purpose in life is to cover every horizontal surface with paper, books and rubbish to a minimum height of six inches.<br /><br />I would give my left gooly for a warden who could and would actually clean her rubbish out of the house.<br /><br />On reflection, I'd probably give both my goolies for a warden who even cleaned the house.<br /><br />But if we're going to gather up useless items from the house for a garage sale, my warden could well be for sale.

crab bait

Captain

a neighbor of mine ( a real hilljack from fine blue ridge lineage ) is on his 4th lawn shed .. not includin' his 2 car garage.. which the only way to acess it ,,is by the outside stairs to the loft .. drop down an walk on top of the junk.. <br /><br />tell ya,, this guy's a real piece-o-work..!!<br /><br />MR. HINNEY ain't got jack on this charactor.

jsfinn

Lieutenant Junior Grade

HAHAHA! "gooly" had me cracking up!! In the states, we call 'em "cohones".

cajun555

Chief Petty Officer

My warden saves all kinds of stuff that just amazes me. But us guys need to stop and look at our on junk. It just amazes me the junk that I save, but every couple of years I'll go through it and toss some of it.<br /><br />AS far as garage sells, we just load stuff and donate to the local Goodwill box. Don't want a bunch of people I don't know at my house scopping the place out.

Tinkerer

Senior Chief Petty Officer

Originally posted by jsfinn:<br /> HAHAHA! "gooly" had me cracking up!! In the states, we call 'em "cohones".
There's a few terms we both have in common at each end of the planet but I figured they mightn't be acceptable. <br /><br />Otherwise people might go nuts bouncing their balls to no purpose.

Homerr

Commander

I always liked the term for them: "jewels"<br /><br /> :) <br /><br />And yes... my garage looks like the local swap meet. It's getting to the point that I 'm going to rent a large dumpster and just start tossing.<br /><br /> :eek: <br /><br />H.

SpinnerBait_Nut

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Originally posted by Homerr:<br /> I always liked the term for them: "jewels"<br /><br /> :) <br /><br />And yes... my garage looks like the local swap meet. It's getting to the point that I 'm going to rent a large dumpster and just start tossing.<br /><br /> :eek: <br /><br />H.
Oh no Homerr, go to www.freecycle.org and find a group in your area and offer your stuff. People will be more than happy to take it off your hands.<br />Everything has to be free.<br />I can't say that enough. Plenty of people out there that needs/wants your "stuff".

12Footer

Fleet Admiral

I call them "my twins"...Or "thier onions"...<br />And I am the "warden" around here. I can find a reason to keep anything. I'll take a pic of my garage later, as I need to venture in there to retrieve some tools later today.....If you dont hear from me by this time tomorrow, call search n rescue! :D <br />Seriously tho, I need to join a few of those local "Freecycle" groups.Thanks for the link! I had no clue such a site existed....I need more junk :D Seriously tho, it's best to give-away this old merc than it is to toss it.

SpinnerBait_Nut

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

There ya go 12'er.<br />It can make you feel good knowing your stuff is going to someone that needs it.<br /><br />Example, we had a family that lost it all in a fire about a month ago and with the help of the 3 local freecycle groups, was able to get clothes, dishes, a washer and dryer and some other stuff to help get their lives back in line.<br /><br />You will feel good about yourself for doing it, I know I did.

KRS

Banned

It's my stuff and no one can have it!!! :eek: ;)

carrotsnapper

Petty Officer 1st Class

My rule: if it hasn't been needed in the past year, out it goes. I'd rather buy a new one than store it.<br /><br />self edit: doesn't count for tools, guns, fishing stuff, or anything else that I deem of importance.