Mamamia I'm sore

magster65

Commander
I spent yesterday out tubing and generally fartin' around on the water with a bunch of friends and family. I haven't tubed in years so I went every chance I got. My arms are 4" longer and awfully sore today. Those tubes really get moving when you're out in the 'whip'! Half a dozen high speed crashes too... I feel like I just rolled down Everest :)

sangerwaker

Commander
Re: Mamamia I'm sore

No tubin' for me, but I footed my arse off! I went out to the Chippewa Flowage Saturday (man, was that beautiful), and my buddy and I burned 16 gallons of gas! There was not much cruising, so most of that was burned footin! My shoulders hurt, and my feet are actually a little sore. Oh well, good conditioning for Faceplant Fest next month!<br /><br />Magster, if you ever get the opportunity, try wearing a barefoot suit when you go tubing. Most high speed crashes end up with the tuber "rag dolling" across the water. This is usually caused fom the life vest's leading edge catching the water and throwing you into a death roll. A barefoot suit is smooth, with very few leading edges to catch during a tubing wipeout. You usually just skip along until you coast to a stop. I won't even consider tubing without mine.

kenimpzoom

Rear Admiral

My rump is hurtin. Went out in the bay and there was a pretty good chop. My little boat you cant stand, you have to sit and we took a good 15 minute ride in the pounding waves.<br /><br />But it was fun!!!!<br /><br />Ken

KaGee

Admiral

Rained! Or threatened to all weekend! :mad:

sangerwaker

Commander

Keith, with stayin inside most of the weekend, anything on you "hurtin"? :p :D :eek:

Holdimhook

Chief Petty Officer

Took a long cruise up the beautiful Elk River. Burned a tank and a half of that liquid gold, but it was worth it! :D

KaGee

Admiral

Originally posted by sangerwaker:<br /> Keith, with stayin inside most of the weekend, anything on you "hurtin"? :p :D :eek:
Ya.... my brain. From doing some bookwork on Saturday I was behind on.<br /><br />
36_19_1.gif

magster65

Commander

Death roll is right! My last crash there my 'buddies' (I'll get even) had me in a good fast whip into some oncoming waves. I think I got some pretty good air and then did the cartwheel action. When I surfaced they were all laughin' sayin' that I shoulda' seen it. What are friends for 'eh?<br />It was a blast!!<br /> :)