making an electronics box overhead

buckeyboy

Seaman
hey guy's started making a new electronics box to put under my T-Top.
heres a couple of photos.

001-1.jpg

002.jpg

Mark42

Fleet Admiral
Re: making an electronics box overhead

Wow! Thats a big box! Pretty neat having everthing in a dry box. Will the tinted plexy make the screens easier to read in full sun?

buckeyboy

Seaman

Wow! Thats a big box! Pretty neat having everthing in a dry box. Will the tinted plexy make the screens easier to read in full sun?
no that will hinge up and lock.

jonesg

Admiral

I saw a box at Bass Pro shop the other week, $300 on sale.!
I ended up doing like you instead.
Right now its just screwed to the top of the console, if I can get around to building a T top....

can't believe the dough guys drop on some of this stuff.

Another thought I had is to find an oblong trash can, polypropylene, and use it to mold a box.

Bob_VT

Moderator & Unofficial iBoats Historian
Staff member

Good idea! You should put 1 or 2 12V sockets in there for cell phone chargers and such that could be plugged in too.

Hey jonesg go to walmart or kmart and look at the plastic storage boxex for clothing ...... there are oblong ones there in various sizes. ;)

buckeyboy

Seaman

Good idea! You should put 1 or 2 12V sockets in there for cell phone chargers and such that could be plugged in too.

Hey jonesg go to walmart or kmart and look at the plastic storage boxex for clothing ...... there are oblong ones there in various sizes. ;)
I looked around none are heavy duty enough to support the electronics. especially when seas are rough. plus the electronics need to be mounted securly. I used 1/2" marine grade starboard cost about 60 bucks I would love to buy one but at 300 and up it's a little steep for my blood. the 12 volt sockets are a great idea I may just add a couple thanks..;)