Macerator Operation

johnwa44

Recruit
I bought a used 2000 Trophy 2352 with installed holding tank and macerator. Do not have manual for head operation. Looked at owner's manual and reviewed piping diagram, but still not sure how to operate the system. I have used toilet and tried to pump out at dock station without using macerator, but don't think it was successful. Accessory switches not labeled for macerator. Anyone know where I can find an operation manual for installed system? Also, after I opened up the sea suction valve I have had a high pitched whine from vacinity of macerator pump when operating over 20 kts. I think I have a problem. Anyone help? Thanks

teeman

Cadet
Re: Macerator Operation

John i hope your 3nm out from land to use that macerator? You don't use it to pump at a pumping station. Hook up the suction hose from the pump to the deck fitting maked waste and the pump will suck it out your tank then run some fresh water through the bowl so you can clean out the holding tank and pump that out. Then to use your bowl there should be a sea **** for section for the bowl to put water in it. For the macerator there should be a sea **** ( marked overboard) in the bilge that will be need to be open for discharge from the macerator and it discharges under the hull. That is how mine works i have a 2005 2305 which is the outboard verion. Also i keep the sea cocks close if not using, and close all sea cocks i wet slip. I hope that helps Now lets fish 2 weeks left before the ROCK fish start come home to the Chesapeake bay. Tony:)

johnwa44

Recruit

Tony,

Thank you very much for the reply and information. I won't discharge within the 3 miles limit. It wasn't clear to me from the piping diagrams where the macerator discharged, so I will look for the overboard and make sure that it is closed. I have 4 sea valves, engine cooling, head suction, bait tank, and one that is not marked. I assume that this is probably the macerator discharge? I thought that there was a "Y" valve to discharge from the macerator to the deck pumpout or overboard if you were beyone the 3 miles. Don't know where the valve is, but will try to find one (other than the baitwell valve).

Thanks again for info, hope I can now find the sollution.

John

teeman

Cadet

Hey there John I bet your right about that sea valve that isnt marked. I dont have a Y vavle on my boat, But i have seen that system before. I do have a Y valve for the bait well/wash down too. I just looked on the trophy manual on line, at trophy .com the macerator sit,s on top of the tank and hooked to the hose to the sea valve. Go to trophy.com and you can download the manual for year and model boat. I hope you like your trophy as much as i do. Hope that helps. Tony