Lowrance/Motorguide Problem

Wide_N

Petty Officer 2nd Class
I have a Lowrance TI2 7” at my bow and 9” at me console. 7” is connected to the 9” and will give me readings when use the 9” as the source. When I set the source at the 7”, which is hooked to the XI5 transducer, I get no readings at all. I have the NMEA 2000 connected. Any ideas?

Wide_N

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Sonar version says 0.0.0. I’ll call tomorrow and see what they say.

badrano

Petty Officer 1st Class
Sonar version says 0.0.0. I’ll call tomorrow and see what they say.

I just bought the Elite 7 Ti because it was a good deal and for me the differences between Ti and Ti2 is not a huge issue.

It was delivered today and it seems to suffering the Sonar Version 0.0.0 issue. I did some googling and found that this seems to be a big issue to where some folks were on their 3rd replacement from Lowrance and the problem still exists.

Curious to know what you find out.

Wide_N

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Sorry it took so long to get back. I had to send it back. Keep in mind this was a brand new unit right out of the box. I had to wait until they got mine and tested it themselves. It has been about ten days and I am still waiting on my replacement unit. Seems to be a pretty common issue with these things. On a side note I have an Elite 4 that hooked right up and worked for now. It obviously doesn't sync up with my TI2 9 but I can at least see the depth while I am at the front of the boat.