Lowrance Depthfinder

acc

Seaman
My Lowrance X20A on my bass boat comes on in 'Simulator' Mode...... I'm relatively sure that a swith on the touchpad is stuck since touching another button and 'On' at the same time brings it into simulator mode.....<br /><br />I heated the unit then hit it a few times and it came up correctly .....Now, an hour later, it comes on in simulator mode.....<br /><br />This is an old unit and Lowrance does not support it anymore....<br /><br />Any suggestions...

imported_JD__

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: Lowrance Depthfinder

Have you tried calling tech support or did you determine they no longer support your unit because it isn't listed at their site?<br />The following won't help if in fact the button is sticking (mechanical) but if it's an electronic issue like the unit being stuck between two modes, abnormal display or just plain acting weird this hard re-set sequence works on some units. First turn the unit off then hold down the zoom in and zoom out buttons simultaneously while powering up the unit. Release the buttons after the screen appears. This will re-set the unit to factory default. You will have to re-enter your user preferences.

acc

Seaman

Thanks JD, Yes I did call Lowrance tech support and it is no longer supported.....<br /><br />I'll try your method for resetting the unit but I'm very sure that a touchpad buttom is stuck....<br /><br />Do you know how to open this thing....I have nothing to lose...<br /><br />Thanks

imported_JD__

Petty Officer 1st Class

Most have small screws in the back of the unit, don't have a clue as to what's inside, I've never attempted it. Probably a pressure pad similar to a cell phone, calculator, etc. Suppose some debris or gunk is under your button causing constant pressure on the touch pad? Could be a simple fix if you are the adventurous kind, (like me). I've learned a lot over the years by "hands on" experimentation and I have also destroyed a lot of stuff. <br />JD

acc

Seaman

Hello JD,<br /><br />There is only on screw on the back....I opened it the other day and it went 'sssss' so was probably the pressurized stuff......I've already loosened the connector nuts......<br /><br />So, I have no clue...I'll probably call Lowrance in the AM and ask how to open it....<br /><br />Later

Boatist

Rear Admiral

ACC<br />Units are sealed and have nitgren inside to prevent fogging up. Some units will go into simulator mode if the transducer is not connected so check the transducer connectors and cable. If you have another transducer then try it. Is that unit a 192 KHZ transducer??

acc

Seaman

Thanks Boatist,<br /><br />Yes, I've been through that.....It is really stuck in simulator mode.......<br /><br />I can stick it in the oven then test it and it works correctly for a few minutes then reverts back to simulator mode when I switch it on a few times.........