Lowering the bunks . . .

Lou C

Supreme Mariner
Ted were you able to get the brakes working better? I recall you were thinking of converting to EOH brakes which while expensive makes a sense on a trailer that is over a certain weight. The thing that can be easy to miss is air in the brake fluid; bleeding a 6 brake system takes time & patience.

tpenfield

Staff member
Hi @Lou C I have not done anything with the trailer brakes, but the plan would be to go with EoH, bleed the lines, etc. I think the tow vehicle could use a brake line bleeding as well,

Lowering the bunks seemed to work out fine. It looks like it is now about as low on the cross members as it safely should be.

In other news, my local launch ramp got a make-over this Fall, so it is supposed to be a wee bit steeper and extends out more (deeper) to get 3 ft at mean low tide.

Lou C

Supreme Mariner
We are waiting for our ramp to get redone as well. Hopefully it will be steeper!
Not too bad with a small boat like ours…
A big boat would be tough…

Attachments

• IMG_6801.jpeg
    IMG_6801.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 6
Last edited:

tpenfield

Staff member
Here is our ramp being constructed in October . . . there were about 5 more sections to be added at this point. They didn't change the grade much, but overall it should be a lot better.IMG_5197 2.JPG

Lou C

Supreme Mariner
Looks like that pic was taken at low tide…how much of a depth change do you get between high & low? We get about 6 feet average sometimes a bit more. It took me a couple of seasons to get my boat as low as I could get it with the roller trailer; it’s now about 3” lower than where it originally was. I used lower mounts for the roller bars and lowered both crossmembers. Trailer is on the narrow side so the boat has to sit above the fenders.

Attachments

• IMG_6802.jpeg
    IMG_6802.jpeg
    4.4 MB · Views: 7

tpenfield

Staff member
We get about 5 feet tide swing. Sometimes, more like 5.5 feet.