FORUM RULES UPDATED - The forum rules have been updated to continue to provide a friendly and safe environment for our member community. Please take a moment to review the updated rules and our terms of use and privacy policy. Click here for Forum Rules which has links to the 'terms of use' and 'privacy policy'.
In Other News . . .
You will notice a few enchancements to the forums to make your experience better. These include: Email Notifications, Thread Previews, Thread Starter Notation, and Emoji Options on the 'Like' icon. . .
Additionally, the merchant portions of the website have been updated and are now operational. . . . Check out iBoats for all your boating gear.
Does anyone know if the lower units of a 70hp and a 75hp are interchangable? I have a 1970 70hp and found a 75hp of unknown year (look the same externally).
Kevin,<br /><br />I don't know the answer to your question but I know who would...<br /><br />www.themarinedoctor.com<br /><br />There is a Chrysler / force forum there and I'm sure he can give guidance.<br /><br />Jeff
If they look the same they should be interchangeable. Actually, even if they don't look the same they still fit the same. As long as they are the same shaft length. Chief
Do you have a parts manual for your motor? Chrysler made two types of lower units for a 75 hp. One is a one piece and the other is a two piece. I dont think they will interchange because of the water tube. One is straight and the other has a bend in it. The mercury site only goes back to 1979 however at that time they were completely interchangable. All internal parts have identical numbers.