Surfrunner
Recruit
Thread starter- Joined
- Feb 24, 2010
- Messages
- 4
I have a 2000 Tracker (Mercury) 90hp motor that I blew the lower unit on last fall. Since that time, I have been looking for a used lower unit that will be compatible, and I have been bombarded with differing information about what will fit. I have heard that only a 90hp unit will work, I have heard that anything from 75-115 is the same, and I have heard that 75-115 will fit, but that the gear ratios are different. I am wondering if anyone can conclusively tell me what hp rating and what years will fit my motor. Specifically, I have found a guy who wants to sell me a 1996 115 unit. Will this work? I appreciate your patience if this seems like a dumb question, but I am out of my element when it comes to outboards. Thanks for your help.