Low Life

tcube

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: Low Life

Didn't see 60 Minutes - guess I'm lucky that I never watch that show. So, I mistakenly thought I'd missed HJ's performance. Oh, how wrong could I be - she's been schlepping her autobio everywhere - I musta heard bits and pieces of interviews with her on three different stations last night on my way home. I finally just turned the radio off. :mad:

Scuda11

Chief Petty Officer

Lest we forget:<br /><br />In Faith of My Fathers, John McCain describes from a POW's point of view what impact she had over there. During her visit, they paraded out the POW's, she walked down the line shaking thier hands, bad enough right? It gets worse. While shaking her hand, a POW slipped her a small note with the name of his family and asked to get word to them he was alive. She took it and handed to a NVA officer. The POW had the SH** beat out of him and was given solitary confinement. I don't recall of the abuse he encountered as a result, but it was allot.<br /><br />Don't worry, last night she was on Letterman protesting this war, and her apologies about the Vietnam war were far less emphatic.<br /><br />Thank you Vets,<br />SAB

bbalcer

Seaman

According to an interview this morning, her daddy didn't even want her. Said if he found out she was a communist, he'd turn her in. She said it hurt to hear her father say that. I'm sure he was beaming with joy when she was performing her act of treason.

Tyme2fish

Commander

I was in the service from 1970 to 1972. I Personally didn't do much "protesting" at that time. If I say anything at all about "Hanoi Jane" JB will poof me.