Lots of overheating problems

AtlDawg

Petty Officer 3rd Class
I see lots of posts about overheating and water coming out of the pee hole so here's a solution everyone might want to think about. I found the water pressure port on my 73 Chrysler(didn't even know it had one) and bought a gauge with tubing for less than $40.00. Now I see if my engine is getting water all of the time. I figure it's a small price to pay for a little piece of mind. Just a thought...

scotiany

Senior Chief Petty Officer
Re: Lots of overheating problems

Where does your PTO attach. I got a '70 Chrysler and this sounds like a good idea.

roscoe

Supreme Mariner

You can tap into any exposed waterline or try to locate a removable plug in the thermostat housing.

AtlDawg

Petty Officer 3rd Class

At the top of the block on the back side there is a plugged port. Remove the plug and the standard fittings that come with the gauge will screw right in.

scotiany

Senior Chief Petty Officer

AtlDawg and Roscoe, with pressure gauge installed, if one was getting a higher than normal reading,would that be a sign of thermostat problems?

johnrolf

Seaman

Where did you get the gauge and hose for this rig? What kind of gauge is it? Also, where did you run the hose out of the hood from, and where did you mount the gauge?