Lost my job..........

notinbig

Petty Officer 1st Class
I feel like a bad country song. I lost my job today and know I will get no sympathy from my wife so I was hoping to get some here.<br /><br />Anyone need a great electronics tech or engineer? :(

ehenry

Commander
Re: Lost my job..........

I know your pain, NB. Been there. What was their reason? Down sizing? Company get bought out? Good luck finding something else.

jtexas

Fleet Admiral

been there, you have my sympathy.<br /><br />Don't waste any time, get down there & file for unemployment. It's not charity, it's an employee benefit your employer paid while you were working; charity is something you get because you need it regardless of merit, unemployment is something you earned by working and get regardless of need.

Fly Rod

Commander

:) Sorry to hear that!!!<br /><br />Hope your back working soon!!!!! ;) :cool:

notinbig

Petty Officer 1st Class

They've been screwing tech's for awhile, and the ones that complain cause we don't get our expense reimbursment correct or one time, got axxed out today.

eeboater

Commander

Curious.... why no sympathy from dawife?

kenimpzoom

Rear Admiral

Originally posted by notinbig:<br /> They've been screwing tech's for awhile, and the ones that complain cause we don't get our expense reimbursment correct or one time, got axxed out today.
Sounds like a good 6 month time period to find a better job. I wouldnt stand for any employer screwing me over.<br /><br />Ken

Twidget

Commander

Im sorry to hear about your job, Notinbig. I have been through something very similar.

roscoe

Supreme Mariner

Been there, done that.<br />You have my sympathy and empathy.<br />Since you now have nothing to lose, it may be time to sue them over the non paid expenses, no matter how trivial they are. If they were a big enough deal for them to fight over and eventually fire you over, then they are a big enough deal for you to go after. <br /><br />File for unemployment, notify them of wrongful discharge.<br /><br />Go to the bar and drown your sorrows for an couple hours. Do not, repeat DO NOT get sympathy from another woman at the bar.<br /><br />Take this week to get things in order and hit the pavement next week, with a smile and a positive attitude.<br /><br />Good Luck.

pjc

Lieutenant Commander

Hope all goes well from here notinbig. You will indeed find better.<br /> Best to you, pjc

notinbig

Petty Officer 1st Class

no stratosman, too much family and older relatives. Thanks though. By the way wife is 8 months prego. :eek:

notinbig

Petty Officer 1st Class

By the way THANKS TO ALL OF YOU. Ya'll put a smile on my face. Guess I got time to work on the boat.

mikecjn

Petty Officer 1st Class

Notinbig,<br />I know exactly how you feel...I was just in the same position as you. The company I was just working for announced that they are closing the doors at the end of this month. I was an Electronic Engineering Technician. It is getting all to familiar and all to frequent having companies closing down especially in the technology fields.<br /><br />Oh yeah...and my wife is due to have our third child May 31. It isn't just the losing of a job I was worried about, it was the lack of insurance that kept me awake all night. Like I said, I know how you feel. Sorry to hear the news.

notinbig

Petty Officer 1st Class

Mikecjn, I feel for ya. at least my wife is working full time thats why I get not sympathy from her, but shes been great. anyway we can switch back to her insurance plan, so I am covered there. But we just bought a new house and the mortgage is a big concern.

SoulWinner

Commander

NB,<br /><br />I offer the sympathy of my whole family. We also recomend you do what we did. Start out on your own. No one will ever pay you what you are worth, except you! We wish you the best bro....

demsvmejm

Master Chief Petty Officer

I can empathize. DEC 30, I was "lais off". "We are making some changes and don't need your services anymore. Hav eyou rtoolbox gone by tomorrow." And I can empathize on getting the ax because of complaining. We had a new service advisor who thought that his job was to ignore the techs and brown nose the general manager. Well the three of us who were most vocal are gone.<br />And SW I agree. I looked into opening my own garage and was turned down for a loan. :( :mad: But the bills are getting paid and something will turn up. Gos always provides, provided I put forth effort. I prayed for him to control my prospect, if it would not work and better my family, if being self-employed was going to lead to disaster for my family, then I prayed that he make the bank say no. And they did, a big resounding NO. But he has better things planned for me. I must just wait and see.<br />But Notinbig, just keep faith. God has always provided for my family, and I'm sure he will do the same for yours. It might not be what you want, but have faith and you will be provided an opportunity.

dhud64

Petty Officer 1st Class

Originally posted by SoulWinner:<br /> NB,<br /><br />I offer the sympathy of my whole family. We also recomend you do what we did. Start out on your own. No one will ever pay you what you are worth, except you! We wish you the best bro....
What is it you do? I need to escape my place of hell/work!

notinbig

Petty Officer 1st Class

Thanks again ya'll.<br /><br />It's worth getting up and reading some encouragment.

Tinkerer

Senior Chief Petty Officer

Originally posted by SoulWinner:<br /> NB,<br /><br />I offer the sympathy of my whole family. We also recomend you do what we did. Start out on your own. No one will ever pay you what you are worth, except you! We wish you the best bro....
Likewise.<br /><br />I'm likely to get the bullet in the second half of this year.<br /><br />Working for someone else ain't anywhere near the top of my list of things I might do for money afterwards.