Looney Tunes vs New Coke

WillyBWright

Fleet Admiral
Rember back several years when New Coke replaced Coke? Major Flop! I don't think you can even get New Coke anymore. I think they learned a lesson ... you don't mess with something that's incredibly successful.<br /><br />Enter Looney Tunes. Okay, they came up with critters based on the old characters at about the same time as New Coke. But they were spin-offs, not replacements. Is the New Buggs Bunny destined for success, or doomed to dismal failure?<br />
theloonatics_240_001.jpg

roscoe

Supreme Mariner
Re: Looney Tunes vs New Coke

?<br />why not just make entirerly new characters?

sangerwaker

Commander

Boy Willy, didn't you get any sleep last night or what? Just wondering what spawned this idea, that's all. It must be winter. Is it over yet by the way?

ZooMbr

Petty Officer 1st Class

They will fail IMO; of course I'm no longer in the demo's they're trying to reach!

Bassy

Lieutenant Commander

What, are they stupid? My sentiments exactly!

Bob_VT

Moderator & Unofficial iBoats Historian
Staff member

I suspect this may be a generation gap. We will not let go of the old ones and someone (who probably makes ton's of $$$$$$$$$) has come up with idea based on "research".<br /><br />Even the younger kids migrate to the "action" based figures.<br /><br />Just one of those things we can not change.<br /><br />Bob

eeboater

Commander

I was discussing this with my brother this weekend. We miss the old Loony Toons. You know the ones with Bugs making fun of Daffy? And Elmer Fud constantly trying to blow away Daffy or Bugs? <br /><br />Those were great cartoons. 5 minutes of laughter and enjoyment. Now they have Pokemons and Spongebobs. I'm tired of the new ones. <br /><br />I wonder if today's 5 year old knows where "What's up doc?" is from.<br /><br />Sean

carrotsnapper

Petty Officer 1st Class

You know, I've been trying to get a bugs for my avatar, but I ain't very computer savvy. I can't butter my toast either. I'm with you, but, who knows? It is a brave new world out there. Mark

NYMINUTE

Captain

Somethings just need to be left as is. Dadadadats all folks.

WillyBWright

Fleet Admiral

The Buggs cartoons they were showing toward the end of their saturday run were often severely edited to where they sometimes didn't make much sense anymore. Somebody complained about the violence and that was cut out, silly tho it was. But they still have video games where you get multiple lives. I ain't no axe murderer and I don't think my kids are going to jump off cliffs expecting to get up and move onto the next life. I have no idea where I was going with that, but...<br /><br />There are certain classics that just can't be made better. Like The Wizard of Oz. I ask my kids if they could make a better one these days. They say "No Way!" I agree.<br /><br />But then, who knows. The new Tunes might be the classics of the 22nd century. :)

BLU LUNCH

Lieutenant

It's BS cartoon network won't even show Speedy Gonalez cripes that where most of us learned any Espanol for the first time, now it's offencive to spanish people. TO BAD!!!!!!! The new Bugs BAD move.............

wajajaja

Chief Petty Officer

and the same people are doing a remake of willy wonka's chocolate factory, how do u update basic morals.

Link

Rear Admiral

WBW<br />I'm with you on this one... some things dont need to be messed with! If it aint broke, Dont fix it! :D