Looking to trade in the 2006 mustang GT 4.6 for a 2017 50

ezbtr

Commander
The 2006 only has 72,000 original, five speed, automatic, completely trouble free car, I’ve had it for like seven years, found a great deal on a 2017 50 automatic, which I like low miles like 50,000 Good price, my Mustang needs nothing. I put new brakes on it air-conditioning just maintenance stuff. The new one needs nothing as well Getting all the papers together and taking pictures

Attachments

• IMG_8365.jpeg
    IMG_8365.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 10
  • IMG_9098.jpeg
    IMG_9098.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 10

JimDirt

Petty Officer 3rd Class
The 2006 only has 72,000 original, five speed, automatic, completely trouble free car, I’ve had it for like seven years, found a great deal on a 2017 50 automatic, which I like low miles like 50,000 Good price, my Mustang needs nothing. I put new brakes on it air-conditioning just maintenance stuff. The new one needs nothing as well Getting all the papers together and taking pictures
Nice. Back in early 05 the wife and I were talking about getting a classic Mustang 65-69. Couple weeks later I saw one of the new retro Mustangs driving down the road. I was like, WTH is that??? So I looked into it and we ended up ordering (first and only time doing that) an 05 GT, in sonic blue. Loved that car. Unfortunately in 09, work was scarce and I knew when I did get some work I would be doing at least a 45 minute commute. So I had to sell it and get something a bit more practical.

This is my lil hot rod nowadays.

20160602_174437_resized.jpg

ezbtr

Commander
You in the U.K.? Im at keeping mine and slapping a supercharger on it, I have TONS of offers, but I love it and it needs zero - dealer tried to screw me, was BS

tphoyt

Ensign
What is that Jim?
Love to see more pics. It’s looks awesome so far love the lines.
Best

JimDirt

Petty Officer 3rd Class
You in the U.K.? Im at keeping mine and slapping a supercharger on it, I have TONS of offers, but I love it and it needs zero - dealer tried to screw me, was BS
A supercharger on that 4.6 would be wild!!!

I'm in Idaho. That pic was from 2016 when I was still in N.CA. It was due for a smog check in 2020 and in CA it cost me $150 every time I had it smogged. Since I knew we were moving and it had a bad rear main leaking I just never renewed it. So, I havent driven it in 4 years. I pulled the motor out last April and fixed the oil leak, I put a new water pump on it, new fuel pump, new power steering pump, new plugs, wires, cap and rotor and new header gaskets and bolts. All I need to do is clean up some wires and I want to replace the steering rack before I put the motor back in. I'm hoping to have it back on the road with new wheels and tires and a new paint job by summer.

It's a 1982 Capri. It came with a 302, with a whopping 150hp! LOL and a 4 speed. It now has a low miles 1994 351W and I picked up a T5 Tremec for it. The 351 has a 4 barrel carb, 10:1 pistons and a mild cam and shorty headers. The power output I think is similar to the 4.6 that I had. However, I think it has a bit more torque

ezbtr

Commander
A supercharger on that 4.6 would be wild!!!

I'm in Idaho. That pic was from 2016 when I was still in N.CA. It was due for a smog check in 2020 and in CA it cost me $150 every time I had it smogged. Since I knew we were moving and it had a bad rear main leaking I just never renewed it. So, I havent driven it in 4 years. I pulled the motor out last April and fixed the oil leak, I put a new water pump on it, new fuel pump, new power steering pump, new plugs, wires, cap and rotor and new header gaskets and bolts. All I need to do is clean up some wires and I want to replace the steering rack before I put the motor back in. I'm hoping to have it back on the road with new wheels and tires and a new paint job by summer.

It's a 1982 Capri. It came with a 302, with a whopping 150hp! LOL and a 4 speed. It now has a low miles 1994 351W and I picked up a T5 Tremec for it. The 351 has a 4 barrel carb, 10:1 pistons and a mild cam and shorty headers. The power output I think is similar to the 4.6 that I had. However, I think it has a bit more torque
I moved from N. CA (Concord/Walnut Creek area) to central TX 6 yrs ago!!! Yeah the Edelbrock kit will put approx 460 hp to the wheels - your Capri sounds FAST and nice, more underhood and other pics please!!!! :)
You have a TON more torque and hp than a stock 4.6 unless it was modified - 351 w 10/1 CR is nice!

JimDirt

Petty Officer 3rd Class
This first pic is when we were bringing it home from Salt Lake City, memorial day weekend of 2016. My dad owned this car for 25/30 years. He put a 289 in it at one point, wore it out, and then put the 351 in it in 2008. From 08 to 2016 he put 4,000 miles on it. It sat in storage mostly. He had a 88 GT and he offered me either one and I chose the Capri just cuz there isn't many of those out there. From '16 to 2020 I put about 25,000 miles on it. 20160529_061711.jpg
20160529_164019.jpg
20160529_164250.jpg

JimDirt

Petty Officer 3rd Class
I moved from N. CA (Concord/Walnut Creek area) to central TX 6 yrs ago!!! Yeah the Edelbrock kit will put approx 460 hp to the wheels - your Capri sounds FAST and nice, more underhood and other pics please!!!! :)
You have a TON more torque and hp than a stock 4.6 unless it was modified - 351 w 10/1 CR is nice!
I'm familiar with the Bay area. Worked down there a lot. I'm originally from Chico but I lived in Sutter Co. from 95 to 2020. TX was on our list of states to move to. We though about NV, AZ, NM, TX, OR, but for some reason ID wasn't on our list. Our daughter and B/F made a trip to ID in '19 and they said they were moving here in '20. So we started making some trips up here, (we had been here but way back in '04) and started looking into it, and here we are. No regrets at all. Not even the winters. LOL

ezbtr

Commander
Going Stage 1 procharger - I couldnt bring myself to sell it even after 8 great cash offers , BTW Texas is GOOD!!!! The folks - course Im' far enough away from Austin...;)

JimDirt

Petty Officer 3rd Class
Going Stage 1 procharger - I couldnt bring myself to sell it even after 8 great cash offers , BTW Texas is GOOD!!!! The folks - course Im' far enough away from Austin...;)
That’s awesome. Post pics of the progress. And pics of some burnouts!

JimDirt

Petty Officer 3rd Class
I rented a pressure washer yesterday and cleaned up the Windsor. I did under the hood too. I’m getting close to putting the motor back in. Taking the headers to work for some bead blasting. I got some white header paint so I’ll get those painted up.
DC3AB067-7DFF-4700-9FBB-4EA7BAA7A357.png93D80557-B17C-409B-8CA0-F8E9C100DA6B.jpeg

JimDirt

Petty Officer 3rd Class
I've been to TX 5 times. I did 4 jobs in TX in 2012/13. Lubbock, San Antone, Frisco and Houston. We didn't have much time for goofing off tho. 2 years ago we visited my brother who lives in the SA area. We spent 5/6 days out there and to be honest, I don't really dig it. The traffic is horrible, but if you're used to Bay traffic, then probably not a big deal. And the people out there drive like total jackasses. Then again if you your used to the Bay.... But, the biggest things for me is the dirt bike riding out there is very limited. Not much in the way of public land to ride on. It's either private property or OHV parks. And 2nd is the heat. Having lived in N CA all my life and spent a bunch of years working outdoors, no thanks! LOL We get some hot weather here, but not for 4 or 5 months straight. And, the biggest thing when it gets hot here, it cools off nicely at night. My brother loves it there. He's been there for IDK 10 years now.

ezbtr

Commander
I rented a pressure washer yesterday and cleaned up the Windsor. I did under the hood too. I’m getting close to putting the motor back in. Taking the headers to work for some bead blasting. I got some white header paint so I’ll get those painted up.
View attachment 396504View attachment 396505
what year is it, mods? smog pump? Whats it going in? Where in N. CA. you live? I was in the Concord/Martinez area for approx 20 yrs, retired here 6 yrs ago, growing lots here too much (I'm in 30 miles north of Austin) yeah hot, but all paid off, folks great, much more affordable, AC and pools :)

JimDirt

Petty Officer 3rd Class
what year is it, mods? smog pump? Whats it going in? Where in N. CA. you live? I was in the Concord/Martinez area for approx 20 yrs, retired here 6 yrs ago, growing lots here too much (I'm in 30 miles north of Austin) yeah hot, but all paid off, folks great, much more affordable, AC and pools :)
See posts #7 and #8 above. My brother lives around Seguin, I think, which isn't far from Austin. . I know we went out to the place he was buying and I liked the area. Very rural, farms, agriculture, etc. I do remember that the people are friendly around there.