Looking to purchase new tritoon

Looking at possibly purchasing a tritoon in a few months, I was leaning towards a Bowrider but after a day on the lake on a friends tritoon I’ve warmed up quite a bit to them. My biggest drawback was what most people’s is, assumed slow and poor handling, but after a lot of research that clearly is a pretty old assumption. I fully understand no matter what tritoon I might but it won’t handle like a Bowrider, however a Bowrider will also not compare comfort wise to what a pontoon offers.

I am am looking for something 19-22 feet, and with at least a 150HP but preferably 200+, again I was looking at Bowriders so I’m wanting something that will move. It primarily would be used with 4-5 people on board, but there will be occasions that it’s 8-10 and people may want to tube, and I don’t want to be wishing I had more power. I have found tons of options as this seems to be a blossoming market, however many are much bigger than what I really need and thus the price is a bit more than I would like to spend.

I would like to be around $35k out the door, but definitely under $40k...I’ve looked a bit at the Sun Tracker and Regency brands at our local Bass Pro Shop and the Sun Tracker Party Barge seems to be an option, curious if anyone has any information on them? And also what other options might fit into my budget and what I’m looking for, thanks in advance!

ahicks

Captain
For the difference in price and relative performance, my focus would START at 22'. 18 or 19' could leave you looking for room that's not there.

98Shabah

Chief Petty Officer
We started with an 18' bowrider with a 4 cylinder, then moved to a 21' bowrider with a 270hp v8 for more room and speed, and a year ago switched to a 21' Tritoon with lifting strakes, undershielding, and a Merc 115 Pro XS with command thrust. The boat is a 2017 Lowe SS210, it, trailer, motor, complete was $30k OTD, stickered at $36k. I think under $40k for a complete 22' tritoon with 150 or 200 is going to be tough in the current market. My boat has a max engine size of 150, and with that motor it'll do up to 40mph with a light load.. with the 115 I have I can hit 35-36mph with 2 adults and 2 teens, plus our coolers and such, and cruises nicely at around 25mph.

Love the tritoon and wish we'd done this years ago, the only downside is that where we boat is 90 miles away, so we do a lot of towing, and pontoon boats tow like a lead parachute.

98Shabah

Chief Petty Officer
Oh, and i'll also add that the 22 and 23' tritoons I looked at had no additional room inside the fencing, they just gave extra decking outside the fencing.