Looking to buy my first board, advice?

Skyrunner18

Recruit
Hi All- I'm looking to buy my first wakeboard sometime soon and was looking for advice?
I'm a 5'5 female and weigh about 120lbs.
I'm currently learning and riding on the Obrien Vixen 2013 132cm with 3 stage rocker.

I just started wakeboarding in September but I go at least twice a week so I'm improving and am not sure what kind of board to buy. Beginner/intermediate probably? Also, what kind of rocker would be best? Should I stick with the 3 stage?

I'm looking mainly at LF boards at the moment, but if anyone has any suggestions or any tips on how to chose a board, feel free to let me know!

deejaycee_2000

Captain
Re: Looking to buy my first board, advice?

Welcome to iBoats (",)
I prefer 3-stage, but it is completely up to you ... as a beginner the continuous rocker might be easier to learn on .... The LF Angel 134 would be a good choice for you as it is a very soft ride .... try and go for closed toe bindings as they more comfortable and better to learn with them from the start ... just my 2cents (",)

jafo9

Petty Officer 2nd Class

you might get better results posting on a wake specific forum like wakeworld.com. i'm no expert, but from my experience, don't skimp on the bindings. nothing ruins a run better than a binding failure or bad fit. (well, maybe a face plant).

jafo9

Petty Officer 2nd Class

you might get better results posting on a wake specific forum like wakeworld.com. i'm no expert, but from my experience, don't skimp on the bindings. nothing ruins a run better than a binding failure or bad fit. (well, maybe a face plant).

Lake Lizzard

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Shop on craigslist to save some money on your first board. There are often lots of entry level boards for sale and you may find a screaming deal that is a perfect fit for you.

theBrownskull

Chief Petty Officer

The Obrien Vixen 2013 132cm, with a 3 stage rocker, is not usually used to start with but if you can do it good job. The beginner/intermediate boards have a continuous rocker. If you feel comfortable with the three stage stick with it. I would check out the liquid force angle board.

Liquid Force 2014, Wakeboards

Craigslist is a good place to look also.