Looking to buy a 1986 32 ft Carver Aft Cabin

Ambassador

Recruit
I am just starting to look at moving up from a 26 ft cruiser. We boat in the gulf islands in British Columbia and the Pacific Northwest. A boat at the top of our list is a 1986 32 Carver Aft Cabin. Of coarsw I will do surrvey etc before I decide. I am hoping I can hear from people what they know I should look out for in this model? Would love to hear from people who own a vessel like this for Likes? and Dislikes?
Thanks

Tommyfmu

Seaman
Re: Looking to buy a 1986 32 ft Carver Aft Cabin

We moved up from a 24 ft pocket cruiser with all the amenities, but to a '96 325 aft cabin. With so much more space, it makes a huge difference. We now spend 3 x more time on the boat, including most weekends overnight. It was mostly the admirals decision. She wouldn't sleep on our Maxum 2400SCR even though it had AC, so I said to her 'you find the larger boat you want, and how to pay for it.' Within a week I was driving our new (to us) Carver home lol.

Ambassador

Recruit
Re: Looking to buy a 1986 32 ft Carver Aft Cabin

Thanks for responding. Glad to hear that you are enjoying your new boat. My better half is very much looking forward to all the extras. Did you look at any older ones and do you have any advice of things we should look out for in the Carvers specifically
Thanks John