Looking for some help

I have a ton of this laying around can I use it for replacing the gear oil on lower unit?

Attachments

• 61itlseMSPL._SX522_.jpg
    61itlseMSPL._SX522_.jpg
    15.8 KB · Views: 6

Nordin

Commander
I would use it, but oils are a HOT subjects at forums.
I use gear oil for car gear boxes if it is EP SAE 80W-90 in my OBs.
But if the gear case in the OB has red metals in it such as brass/bronze bushings you should be careful not to use EP gear lube. They "eat" up the red metals.

I would use it, but oils are a HOT subjects at forums.
I use gear oil for car gear boxes if it is EP SAE 80W-90 in my OBs.
But if the gear case in the OB has red metals in it such as brass/bronze bushings you should be careful not to use EP gear lube. They "eat" up the red metals.
I was just wondering I used this stuff for my truck rear axle. its just been sitting in my garage. And this is the stuff I'm suppose to use in my engine doesn't look like much of a difference to me but I could be wrong why I figured I would ask first. Anything to save a buck right? P.S so no confusion I used the lucas for my truck this photo is of the stuff I need for my outboard.

Attachments

• 71EkHzBw6tL._AC_SY879_.jpg
    71EkHzBw6tL._AC_SY879_.jpg
    60.2 KB · Views: 0
I quit with this pos motor just going to get a johnson or mercury. Like how does it make since that motor idles fine with old gear fluid but when i drain it and put new fluid in start the motor it revs high and revs higher and higher the longer i keep the motor on. the old fluid was dark but no milky look or metal particles. made sure there was no air left in te system to after putting new fluid in. I hereby deem this brand of motor worse then Chinese motors lol

The Force power

Commander
Clearly you have other issues, with your motor
Stay calm & focused or you'll have the same issues with "Johnson or mercury"

Sounds like its starving of fuel??
I think you are right i rechecked everything only thing that i found a problem with is the bulb. ether not enough fuel in tank to prime it or the hose is loose somewhere. just doesn't make since why would it start after the oil change

The Force power

Commander
Has the fuel-pump been inspected? what problem ??with the bulb??
Please be as clear as possible when describing a problem "we" are not mind readers, nor interested in guessing

Has the fuel-pump been inspected? what problem ??with the bulb??
Please be as clear as possible when describing a problem "we" are not mind readers, nor interested in guessing
its a new bulb and yeah the fuel pump is good. Sorry I thought I already posted about it. Yeah its low on fuel like maybe a quarter of a solo cup in the tank. Found that the gas gauge no longer working.