looking for service manual info for a 2006 verado fuel pump module

2004 searay

Seaman Apprentice
i have a verado 225hp, serial# 1b546019. the unit runs for about 5 minutes then dies. fuel pressure drops to nothing. i just need a decription of how the module works with the internal float.
i have a later manual but it states there is no internal float inside this module so i am assuming they realized there was an issue with the design and changed it out.

Texasmark

Supreme Mariner
Wish you luck. If its not in the service manual, don't expect any luck. A lot of components of different things are private to keep the competition from copying. External dimensions and performance specs don't tell the contents or design criteria so they aren't usually a problem. I found that to be a problem with farm machinery when you can't find a replacement part (assembly) and have to try to fix what you have. Service manuals are primarily how that component functions with other related system components.

Fun Times

Staff member
Search BULLETIN - FUEL SUPPLY MODULE (FSM) TROUBLESHOOTING 22-MAY-2009

Plus scroll down past your parts catalog for other possibilities of like information,

ejnichol

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Heres a video walk through of the Mercury FSM that might be helpful. Just rebuilt a VP pump assembly and similarities in design was interesting.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="
" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture; web-share" referrerpolicy="strict-origin-when-cross-origin" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Texasmark

Supreme Mariner
Glad you have some help. Must be a large enough problem Mercury wide to warrant this attention.....I would think.