Looking for information on Princecraft boats

The Man 5150

Cadet
Does anyone know anything about Princecraft boats? I have been looking at them and found a dealer around here.
I would appericate any input you all might have.

rosscopeeko

Seaman
Re: Looking for information on Princecraft boats

What would you like to know? I have their smallest utility, called the ungava. It's wide and stable, and built really well. I use it always at it's max capacity and it performs well. It planes extremely well with weight in it. It's the 12' version but is very stable laterally. I plan on buying a bigger 14' version when i can find one. People around here, in BC Canada, tend to hold onto them. They are well built very stable boats. I fish the Fraser River in BC and you see a lot of these boats in the river. The fraser is a mighty river with strong current. These boat excel here. I use my boat every year for salmon fishing where we anchor the boat in the current of the Fraser, and cast out of it. Last year we hooked into a couple of 25lb chinook salmon and we left the anchor and fought the fish floating down the river through some nasty chop. The boat worked well, however mine is a short transom version and with my yamaha 15hp on the back and 2 adults , the big jet boats were throwing a wake that was about 3 inches from coming over the stern. I'll be smarter next year by positioning the bow into the waves when we are battling salmon. We also use our Ungava yearly on a 40km run through two long lakes, and a fast river passage between the two. We have about 700lbs of cargo and people, and the boat gets us there safely. We had to pull off last year because of 3ft swells, but the boat handled it ok and gave us time to pull off the lake. You won't regreat buying one. They are nice boats. Everyone in Canada knows of their quality. The square chine and strong build rival Lunds of the same price in my opinion. Good luck on your boat hunt.

gkehoe

Cadet
Re: Looking for information on Princecraft boats

I have a 2007 Fish & Ski or F&P, a 17.5ft with a 115 Merc 4 stroke on it. Solid boat, great workmanship. They are made in Princeville, Quebec and I even attended thei first factory tour last spring. If you have specific questions, I would be happy to answer.