Looking for Fishfinder with GPS under about $400

TerryMSU

Senior Chief Petty Officer
Hello:

I am looking for a fishfinder with GPS. Color is probably preferred. I will be fishing in freshwater only, mostly quite shallow, but often quite murky. Mostly, I fish in the river, so lake maps are relatively unimportant (although I will be adding them eventually.) The deepest lake I fish is only about 100ft deep. Most of what I fish for are either bass or pan fish, although I am open to other species. I want to stay under about $400. Currently the Humminbird 385Ci has the preferred slot. Oh, the boat is a 15 1/2 ft aluminum side console bass style boat from Lowe. I am looking for suggestions. I know that this site is paid for by i-boats, so they get the first option to get me the best price. (So far they appear to be very competetive.)

Thanks,
TerryMSU

411sponge

Cadet
Re: Looking for Fishfinder with GPS under about $400

I am glad you posted this Terry. I just bought a used Monark 16 foot boat just a week ago and I am planning on upgrading the fishfinder. That unit that you are looking at looks pretty good to me. I am wondering if anyone else has any experience with this model?

Terry,

You might have better luck trying a consumer's electronics review forum of some type. That way you can see actual side by side test comparisons. I doubt most folks on here have more then one combo unit and if they did have the one you are considering, they would probably rate it high especially since they have it. :)

TerryMSU

Senior Chief Petty Officer

Have been looking for such a forum, but I cannot seem to find one.

TerryMSU