Looking for boat rail end caps

jayzad

Seaman Apprentice
View boat picture that is attached.
I'm looking for boat rail end caps as seen in the picture. The boat rails run up each side of the boat. At the bow of the boat in front of the navigation light the rails stop and leave a space to debark the boat. These caps look like ice cream cones, with the cone inserted into the rail and the ice cream being the tip of the rail.
I've not been able to find online or locally.
Thanks for any help.

Attachments

• S4200271.JPG
    S4200271.JPG
    59.8 KB · Views: 0

tashasdaddy

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Re: Looking for boat rail end caps

you may just have to settle for plain old end caps. probably a special run for that boat.

jayzad

Seaman Apprentice

I would but unable to find any plain old end caps.

Boomyal

Supreme Mariner

They're all over the net jayzad. Just google marine hardware and start looking for rail components. What? did ya cut the rail so you wouldnt trip on it and fall on your face?

You might want to consider what I did with my high bow rail. I threw two of those away. IMHO it looks a lot better and won't impale you like those 'ice cream cones'.

See the progression;

DSCF0231R.jpg

DSCF0240R.jpg

DSCF0389R.jpg

jayzad

Seaman Apprentice

The boat was made this way. The design is for you can step off the boat at the bow without triping on the railing. End caps are not all over the internet, boat railing is along with lots of other parts, but not end caps. I've already been searching. Please post one of these sites you speak of that have boat railing end caps. That is what I'm looking for.
Thanks Boomyal
I may have to do what you suggestion at later time.

tashasdaddy

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

if you want the darn things, that are that hard to find, you better pay the price before the are no longer available. or put a rubber stopper in them.

Boomyal

Supreme Mariner

Thanks Boomyal, do you know of a site that has these parts but does not charge a $40 dollar min. order fee. Thanks again.

Oh yee of little faith!

Try this one. Look at the eight item down the list. Didn't take the time to see if they had a minimum but I know from previous experience they have very good prices.

http://www.boatfix.com/bypage4.ASP

jayzad

Seaman Apprentice

Oh yee of little faith!

Try this one. Look at the eight item down the list. Didn't take the time to see if they had a minimum but I know from previous experience they have very good prices.

http://www.boatfix.com/bypage4.ASP
I will be out of town till Monday and will look when I get back. Seems Boxfix or my Internet provider is having some problems right now.
Thanks again,