Looking for a Wellcraft Gran sport Owner (questions)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jamie 10017

Seaman
Re: Looking for a Wellcraft Gran sport Owner (questions)

Hi Tim, in the head you have a small lower cabinet with a sliding door right below the sink. There are a few screws around the outside edge of it , 4 of them I believe.. remove those and the whole storage compartment slides out as 1 piece. That will give you the access you need for your hose. Just my 2 cents I would not replace the hose with the ribbed stuff that came from wellcraft get a quality hose for it. Hope this helps Jamie

Moorea

Recruit

Hey that's great news Jamie I'll try it this weekend when I get up there and let everyone know how it turns out.
Yeah the ribbed stuff is just a real pain. I am going to get the good hose to replace that one and the aft hose as well.

Thanks again
Tim

Moorea

Recruit

Hi Jamie,
You were absolutely correct. I removed the screws and the entire storage unit came out in one piece and there it was, the hose was completely off from the the thru hull fitting. Not too bad to replace it. The worst part was feeding the hose down thru the AC compartment and into the bilge area. For some reason they made the hose hole almost the exact size of the tubing OD.
So I had to open up the holes in the AC compartment and the hole into the bilge in order to feed it in.
But it worked and that's one less thing I have to worry about.
Thanks for your help. I truly appreciate it.
Tim

Jamie 10017

Seaman

Tim, glad I could help my boat is gutted so If you have any question feel free to ask on here or you can send me a pm or email me direct funnycarguy@netzero.com. Jamie

Captnedd

Recruit

What im looking for is how is the tank mounted? I would like to see some pictures of the way the tank is mounted and if any the supports it has. What size tank did the gran sport have I have read anywhere from 18 gal to 30 gals. My boat had a tank sitting on its side that was 13 gals and nothing holding it. Thanks for the replys Jamie

Greetings,

I'm looking into buying a 1988 gran sport. I've read of hull and structural issues with these boats. Any experience or thoughts on this?

Thanks,
Steve

Jamie 10017

Seaman

Hello Steve, The best thing you can do is get a survey done some of these boats had stringer problems, also check the bulkhead just in front of the engines for cracks and or seperation. I love the space this boat has to offer also check the cockpit seats for rot and the aft seat. These are just a few things to look for. Hope this helps Jamie

Jamie 10017

Seaman

My boat (87 Wellcraft Gran Sport ) has the sliding hatch door that the latch has been removed and I have no idea what the orignal latch looked like could someone be kind enough to send me a picture of the latch please so maybe I can find one and I will know what Im looking for. Thanks Jamie

RockL76

Recruit

My boat (87 Wellcraft Gran Sport ) has the sliding hatch door that the latch has been removed and I have no idea what the orignal latch looked like could someone be kind enough to send me a picture of the latch please so maybe I can find one and I will know what Im looking for. Thanks Jamie

You can try FlounderPounder.com I recently purchased the door tracks there, it is a round barrel type lock they have some hard to find parts. The lock on my cabin dosen't work I have just a after market type latch with a small pad lock on it. Let me know if that helps or I can take a few pics of the one on my door if you need it.

Jamie 10017

Seaman

Thanks , hows your boat coming along? Jamie

CapnRon1010

Recruit
Hi I am new here and looking at a 1989 well craft Gran Sport it has been repowered with 502 cu in engines . Any idea on gph usage ? And reliability? Also it does not have a Genset , is that a difficult install for an amateur to put in?

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Hi I am new here and looking at a 1989 well craft Gran Sport it has been repowered with 502 cu in engines . Any idea on gph usage ? And reliability? Also it does not have a Genset , is that a difficult install for an amateur to put in?

Start a thread of your own. This one is ready for AARP.

Closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.