Looking for a specific kind of boat

nclex2011

Cadet
Hey guys, I have a passion for small boats (within the 8-12 ft category) I like the compact nature, and maneuvering abilities. I currently have an intex seahawk inflatable boat and love the thing. The only problem is that with it being inflatable, I know it won't last forever. I'm already still looking into my next boat and there are things that I love about inflatables that I would like to find in a rigid boat as well. If you guys can suggest a few brand named small boats that fit anything close to these criteria please post em up. Oh yea, and cost is not a concern (as long as it isn't produced by nasa).

1) max payload of at least 550 (calculated for what I'll be bringing)

2) between 8-12 ft in length

3) bench style seats only

4) 3 person capacity

5) rigid hull material

So far the closest thing I can find with these perameters is this boat:
http://www.directboats.com/20scbo.html

It's pretty much what I'm looking for, but I want to know what else is out there as well.

Anything else like this out there? I prefer the stability of a non singular v-hull but it's not a necessity.

nclex2011

Cadet
Re: Looking for a specific kind of boat

Bilgamesh, I liked that one too. I think that's a pelican as well, Only think is I believe it has a lower payload though, the pelican model I posted I am also slightly questionable about the max payload, it says 520lbs, but also 430lbs so I wonder which it really is lol. Ideally I would like to be able to fit 3 adult males with close to a 70lb optima deep cycle battery.

nclex2011

Cadet

I like. Just not a new model. Looks like it might be a custom design or discontinued model. (referring to the one with the sail)

nclex2011

Cadet

KurtG

Petty Officer 1st Class

I'd look for a 10' Twin Vee. There is also the boston whaler 11', 9' too for that matter.

nclex2011

Cadet

Question, what kind of trolling motor would be recommended with a 424lb boat?
I doubt my 30lb minn kota would be reasonable. I am a pretty patient boater though, I usually rely on speeds 1-3.

I'm thinking at least a 40lb

nclex2011

Cadet

Rotary, on the RID, is it possible to replace the inflatable collar, or when that goes the boat goes too?

RotaryRacer

Lieutenant

I'm almost certain they are replaceable. They have a 5 year warranty on the cheaper PVC option for the tube. If you go for the Hypalon the warranty is 10 years.

I think they are a great little boat. They seem to meet all of your requirements well.