FORUM RULES UPDATED - The forum rules have been updated to continue to provide a friendly and safe environment for our member community. Please take a moment to review the updated rules and our terms of use and privacy policy. Click here for Forum Rules which has links to the 'terms of use' and 'privacy policy'.
In Other News . . .
You will notice a few enchancements to the forums to make your experience better. These include: Email Notifications, Thread Previews, Thread Starter Notation, and Emoji Options on the 'Like' icon. . .
Additionally, the merchant portions of the website have been updated and are now operational. . . . Check out iBoats for all your boating gear.
I am looking for a GPS combo for my whaler. I fish in both fresh and salt water. I'm looking for a unit between $400 and $600. Any advice from real people would help. Don't want to let a salesman make my session for me. Thanks in advance
I'm in the market for the same thing pfeff been looking at 2 different ones lawrance hook 7 and the humminbird 7 both high quality big screens large depths and GPS.. now the catch if u are new to the GPS sonars or even the bigger ones go with the bird easier to run so I have been told. The lawrance units are very complex and was told one wrong setting and it won't work right witch will just make your hole day a **** off trying to set it. I'll be looking at a bird for sure
The lawrance units are very complex and was told one wrong setting and it won't work right witch will just make your hole day a **** off trying to set it.
Most sounders perform well enough in "auto mode" for most users right out of the box. If you have problems operating the unit in "auto" may I suggest a rock on the end of a string and a tape measure....lol
Its not until you master the "complexities" that you realize the short comings of the unit