Looking for a boat for the family

gus13letter

Cadet
Re: Looking for a boat for the family

Well....... I am still so :confused::confused::confused:

Went to take a look at thos boat and needs new axles, springs, and tires. So I am looking at about $3,000. Plus I need a boat cover for it which will be $500+. So unless I get a great deal it doesnt seem like it is the boat for me. I want one to be able to buy it and go out and use it. So I am still on the hunt.

Also put the kids and wife on the boat and it doesnt seem to be too accomodating for the family and friends, so I am sort of back to square one.

My friends Hurricane seems like it may be the best option. The pros are, it is an 07 Hurricane 202. It has everything and every upgrade with the 150 Yamaha 4 stroke with waranty for another 2 - 3 years. Trailer is like new and also has a cover which I will need. I can buy it and go out and use it the same day. My use will be intercoastal waterways and around the islands. I am seeking a family boat, not a fishing boat.

I was also considering something like the 216 Sea Fox dual console. So far it is the largest one and I can stand and drive.

Any further thoughts would be GREATLY appriciated!!!

wildspeed

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Go with a Dual console, should please all the family

Got my 01 kW for 11400$ OTD in January, and spent another 1500$ on fixing the trailer brakes, tires, service engine, SS Prop and some boat hardware update...

Not the best deal I'm sure, but a good deal for me since that's what I was looking for...except I was also looking for a 4 strokes, but did settle for a yami 2 stroke with low hours...

Wait and get what you really want , will be better in the long run.

IMG_3119a.jpg

gus13letter

Cadet

Well, I took my friend's Hurricane 202 out and although it is not a V boat it actually did better than I thought. It was in the bay and it was choppy and windy out. There were some other boats out there that caused some big wakes so I was sure to run the boat over them and it did better than I thought. I was very please with it overall. I am used to center consoles and have to say having some seating for the family is nice. The 4 stroke 150 Yamaha was also very nice to have. Very quiet. I think it will be the boat we buy for what we want it for. We also want to go down some rivers like the Weeki Watchi river. Any suggestions on how to drive the deck boat?

gus13letter

Cadet

Well, we took the boat out yesterday. Where we put in we had to follow the river out 30 minutes then went out to the islands around us about 6 miles from the channel, about 3 miles directly off land. We had an awsome time!!! I am so glad I bought this boat. It allows the family pleanty of room to site or lay down. Especially with a 3 year old. I cant say enough good things about it!! And it is the type of boat I can take pretty much anywhere other than offshore which I didnt plan to do. Handels the water great and with the 150 it gets up and goes.

Attachments

• 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    63.4 KB · Views: 0
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    98.1 KB · Views: 0
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    51.1 KB · Views: 0
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg