Looking for a 1975 StarCraft American 16’

Rugbythrilla

Recruit
This is going to be a really crazy question. I am looking to reaquire my grandfather’s boat, which my dad sold back in 2003 and whose owner moved from central New York to Ohio the last I knew.

The boat is a 1975 StarCraft American 16 with yellow and black accents. I am posting a picture I found of what it looked like (though this isn’t HIS boat).

If I can’t find his (and I have failed at any progress over the past few years), I’d like to find the same one somewhere and look at buying it.

Does anyone have any suggestions or ideas? It’s so old I can’t ever find any for sale.IMG_2721.jpegIMG_2708.jpeg

airshot

Rear Admiral
Keep in mind that an old glass boat like this has probably suffered from wood rot in the skeleton of the boat. Major work will be needed to make it safe for you and your family.. I understand your reasoning and sentimental value, but...lots of time and work will be needed to make it good again, will it be worth it ??
You will bever get your money back from your efforts.
Good luck !!

Rugbythrilla

Recruit
You are right, of course. Thank you for telling me something I will need to keep strongly in mind if I ever do manage to find one.

austinjhones7

Recruit
Have you tried reaching out to local boat dealerships, online boat forums, or even vintage boat enthusiasts? They might have leads or connections that could assist in locating your grandfather's boat or a similar model. Good luck on your search and I hope you reunite with that cherished piece of family history.

Last edited by a moderator: